We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blog 6

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Blog 6

Wednesday, Day 6

Today was a bit of a rest day as tomorrow we were Elephant Trekking and Friday we were off to James Bond Island. Hung around the rooftop pool, where Natalie had a great time having the kiddies pool all to herself. Clinton and I booked in for our Jet Lag recovery massages that arvo and were looking forward to a bit of real relax time!

Whilst Natalie was asleep Clinton went off for his massage. He came back looking relaxed and refreshed and said that this was the first time he had his back walked on.

I went down next and absolutely loved it. They are very professional and courteous. I was given a refreshing cool drink whilst I filled in a medical / info form, which I thought as a nurse was great. They were informed then of issues which may arise with having a massage. In my circumstance, I have rheumatoid arthritis in my hands and feet and am currently on high dose cortisone. My joints are swollen and tender to touch as well as I retain fluid from the cortisone. I also carry my stress in knots across my shoulders, neck and back.

Even though the English isn’t perfect, my therapist was able to communicate with me about the type of massage I was going to have and the areas she would be concentrating on. The massage was traditional Thai massage over clothes (bra off) and was awesome. She adjusted the pressure to my liking and did a fantastic job. I was sure that I dozed off during my treatment! She was able to work a few of my knots out, but informed me that I need to take time out for me and relax as much as possible as my back was very hard, like wood!

The Spa at Bel Air is great. Prices are what you’d expect for a Spa in a hotel complex, and the service is very good. They offer all kinds of treatments including packages.

I’d been told of a Spa down in Cape Panwa which isn’t attached to a hotel. These places have much cheaper prices, so if you’re after a massage every day, that’s where you’d go. Unless you had a money tree which was in constant bloom!

I thought I’d check out the Spa down at Cape Panwa and get a Pedicure done tomorrow.

Watched a couple of DVDs that we’d picked up from the markets that night and went off to bed. Slept like a log again. Heaven, Thailand is heaven…

Tamara

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
264 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blog 6

thanks Tam, sounds great! Shame there is another bad review for Bel Air Resort though :(

Aren't the Jetlag massages included in the deal?

Edited: 21 November 2011, 09:52
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blog 6

I wish i could say thanks

Bur reading how much fun ur having only makes me sad and envy u more

Lol lol

Torquay, Victoria...
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blog 6

The Beds must be good Tamara..Plenty of good nights sleep.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blog 6

Another great read, the massage sounds fabulous.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blog 6

Yep, the jet lag massages are included. I was checking out the prices for the other treatments.

The bed is a King size bed, and the mattress is on the firmer side, which is what I prefer. And yep, very comfy to sleep on. Enough room for Natalie to jump in as well in the middle of the night!

Tamara

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
264 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blog 6

omg where are you Tam, no posts for 5 days!!!!! Are you o.k.?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,174 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blog 6

Looking forward to reading more!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
264 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blog 6

Tam, whatever happened to you??

9. Re: Blog 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2012, 10:22