We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from Cape Panwa to other beaches

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Topic
Taxi fare from Cape Panwa to other beaches

I am heading to Cape Panwa in a few days. Would be great if anyone can give me some ballpark number on taxi rates to the other popular beaches:

1.)CP to Patong

2.)CP to Kata

3.)CP to Phuket Town

Thanks very much in advance.

I have booked the Radisson's Blu Resort for my 5 day stay in CP. If anyone can give me their comment and advise and the resort and the area around, that will be fantastic!

Thanks a lot peeps

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from Cape Panwa to other beaches

Last August I paid 700 baht for a local taxi to take me to Phuket weekend markets and wait for 3 hours. If you book a tour with them they said they would charge me less :)

The airport to Cape Panwa Hotel was 550 baht using the airport taxis.

Sorry I have only gone to Patong via CP Hotels shuttle ...think that was 300 baht return for 3 hours but I would imagine the Radisson was similar. And I have never been to Kata except as part of a day long trip around Phuket with a driver/taxi.

Hope this helps, if you go back in the Cape Panwa forums you will find lots of advise about where to eat etc...its a lovely peaceful quiet area.

Level Contributor
30 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from Cape Panwa to other beaches

It's gonna be expensive. Upwards of 500 baht each journey. May be a thousand baht to Patong. Cape Panwa is a long way from most places. Probably cheaper to hire a car or a car and driver for the day and do private tours. You could hire a private minivan with driver/guide for 500 baht per hour if taking it for a day.

It'll also be time consuming getting around, Phuket traffic is busy these days.

Luckily Ao Yon and Ao Makam just around from Cape Panwa have beautiful beaches so no need to go far :)

3. Re: Taxi fare from Cape Panwa to other beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Cape Panwa
Recent Conversations