We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Panwa Hotel - Superior Rooms

colchester
Level Contributor
603 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Panwa Hotel - Superior Rooms

Hi

Do they have Superior Rooms here?

We have just booked through our travel agent and received confirmation for a Superior Room.

They have offered us to upgrade to a Junior Suite for extra money.

Can anyone advise what the Superior rooms are like (no pics or mention on the website for these) and whether its advisable to pay the extra?

Thanks very much

J

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel - Superior Rooms

I am 99% sure they no longer have superior rooms. Everything has been upgraded in the past few years to junior suites (which would be the new equivalent of a superior room) and Cape Suites which is a huge room with a spa on the balcony, a sitting area as well as the bed area. (they are gorgeous).

There are also family rooms and the villas. I think your travel agent has either out of date information or they mean do you want an upgrade to a Cape Suite. I would go back and ask which they mean. If you can afford the suite go for it, they are lovely.

colchester
Level Contributor
603 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel - Superior Rooms

Hi Georgette,

Thanks so much for your reply. I must admit having read the reviews and looked on the Cape Panwa website that is the impression I have. Now you have confirmed this, I have emailed the hotel just to clarify so that I can re adress it with my travel agent. As you suggest, I think their info may be out of date.

We are travelling to Thailand in celebration of my 50th year so we do want it to be special and the room type is important.

Thanks again

J

Mentioned in this post
Cape Panwa Hotel
Cape Panwa Hotel
2,842 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel - Superior Rooms

Hi,

I was told when I was there that there is not any superior rooms as they have been upgraded. If you have booked a superior you should recieve an upgrade at no extra cost as they have to give you a room if you have booked and paid. The upgrade should be a junior suite which are very nice as are all the rooms.

Julie

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel - Superior Rooms

Hi J

If its a special occasion and its within your budget definitely go for the Cape Suites. You wont regret it.

Have a wonderful time as its one of my all time favourite places for relaxing

Regards

Georgette

colchester
Level Contributor
603 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel - Superior Rooms

Hi Julie, a second clarification, thanks. I had this thought that maybe they have a few' Superior Rooms out back somewhere' that they keep for people booking through an agent and we would miss out on their lovely renovated ones lol. I have already emailed the hotel, and our agent, and am awaiting replies from both but Im not going to worry anymore!

Georgette, as I said our agents have offered us an upgrade to a Junior Suite, which clearly should be a Cape Suite, at quite a reasonable cost ... seriously considering it ... as we will be going in May, I have a picture in my head " in the jacuzzi on the balcony while its pouring with rain" lol.

Thanks to you both for putting my mind at rest.

Julie

colchester
Level Contributor
603 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel - Superior Rooms

Update: Email received back from hotel

"Please see below room description for a Superior room and a Junior Suite at Cape Panwa Hotel got your information."

Superior room (Renovated room)

Standard Occupancy - 2 adults

Maximum Occupancy - 2 adults

Room size: 35 Sqm.

Spacious and beautifully appointed double o twin bedded room, all with a sea-facing and private balcony.

Junior Suite: (new room category just being built up 2 years ago)

Standard Occupancy - 2 adults

Maximum Occupancy - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child

Room size: 53 Sqm.

The Junior suites all feature sea-facing balconies offering stunning view of Cape Panwa and the Andaman Sea. The rooms designed to reflect the best in contemporary Asian Living and feature state-of-the-art room amenities combined with tasteful and elegant furnishing.

And then there is this review I found from a year ago, where the Management have responded :

Quote: " The Superior Rooms are no longer being sold. "

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g1182846-d…

So my confusion has resurfaced!!

Still awaiting response from my travel agent.

Grrrr

Edited: 05 July 2012, 11:46
Mentioned in this post
Cape Panwa Hotel
Cape Panwa Hotel
2,842 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel - Superior Rooms

OK that is strange. The only thing I have found so far is in the pictures of accommodation the family suites are described as "cape suite with adjoining superior room". The Cape Suites were once 2 superior rooms that have been combined and totally renovated. When I was there 10 months ago I did notice that the row of rooms I was in had a room at the end (with guests in it) that couldn't possibly be a double room and that maybe it was a junior suite which would be good for our next visit as I could have the wing I wanted without the expense of a suite. (I hope that makes sense)

So what I am guessing is that when there are no families using these adjoining superior rooms they then book them out as superior rooms. Its the only answer I can come up with because their on-line reservations make no mention of superior rooms or any other hotel booking site.

If you look at http://www.capepanwa.com/location.html (which you can no longer enlarge which makes it tricky to explain) but the only rooms on that map that I am not certain as to what they were renovated into (i.e. junior or cape suites) are the blocks on the far top left ( they were N,O & R wings) so my other guess these were just renovated and left as superior rooms?

My understanding was the junior suites were in the new building before reception (as they said built 2 yrs ago)and that everything else was cape suites.

sorry that's rather long winded and doesn't really help! Maybe ask which wing these superior rooms are in which might help work it out. If it is N O R they are right down on the water on the bay side and I used to like them. The new block with junior suites are higher up the hill above the spa building

Regards

Georgette

colchester
Level Contributor
603 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel - Superior Rooms

Hello Georgette,

Its so nice of you to try and help us get to the bottom of this. As you rightly say, the CP website and all other booking sites support the fact that there are no longer rooms branded as Superior.

Although I joked, perhaps that block you mention is Superior's that are purely used to accommodate guests who have booked through a travel agent.

I have emailed the hotel again to ask for photos of their Superior rooms, I should have also asked where they are located. I feel another email coming on ... they will be fed up with me before I even arrive lol

I suppose I just need to know from our agent what exactly we are paying for, and what exactly we will get if we upgrade. Dont want to pay for an upgrade to a Junior Suite to find we get a room that we would have got anyways, if you see what I mean and I really do fancy a Cape Suite.

The lady looking after our file at the travel agents only works part time, so Im hoping to hear from her tomorrow.

If you can account for all room types with the exception of wings N, O, R they seem highly likely. You say you liked the location of these, they have a beach view. As all rooms have been renovated I assume they are equally nice, albeit smaller that the suite. Maybe we should stick with it and perhaps get a poss upgrade once we arrive.

Again thanks, your help is appreciated.

Its all very ambiguious I must say!

Edited: 05 July 2012, 20:16
9. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel - Superior Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2012, 17:32
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel - Superior Rooms

The guest relations manager is Tim. I had a question last time I booked and after a few emails with the reservation staff managed to get things sorted though calling Tim might work for sure.

Must admit the same thought crossed my mind too about the rooms kept for agent bookings but I seriously doubt it as I booked with a voucher last year and still got the room I wanted in the wing i wanted.

To the best of my knowledge all the Cape suites are equal. The top end signature suites are E wing. N O R were definitely the last to be done and were being done when I was there 10 months ago. They have bay views not beach views, they are in the lower part of the resort.

Please let us know when you find out the answer about the rooms..I am very curious :)

Edited: 06 July 2012, 15:48
Get answers to your questions about Cape Panwa