We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi prices from cape Panwa

Which Cape Panwa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
44 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi prices from cape Panwa

HI

Can anyone help with some info.

My wife and I will be staying at the Cape Panwa hotel next June/July with our son who will be six at the time. We picked the hotel partly because of the laid back location(not Patong which we visited back in 2000),but are now a bit worried that it will be a bit too remote for eating out etc and that Taxi/tuk tuk costs to other areas will be costly.

We know there are a few places to eat out nearby but some nights we might fancy the night market in Patong or Phuket town or Chalong.

Can anybody advise us of prices of the following :-

Driver for the day

Car hire

Taxi from Cape Panwa Hotel to Patong

Taxi from Cape Panwa Hotel to Phuket Town and or Chalong

Also my wife thinks there is a shuttle provided by the Cape Panwa Hotel, does anyone know where it goes and what they charge

any info or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi prices from cape Panwa

Hi

I cant answer your questions about Cape Panwa but to give you an idea of the prices of transport on Phuket, here is a list of the new taxi and tuk prices:

KARON AREA TAXIS AND TUK-TUKS

Karon to Patong: 400 baht

Karon to Phuket City: 550 baht

Karon to Phuket Airport: 1000 baht

Karon to Deep Sea Port: 700 baht

Karon to New Bus Station: 600 baht

Karon to Surin beach: 700 baht

KAMALA AREA TAXIS AND TUK-TUKS

Kamala to Patong: 400 baht

Kamala to Karon: 600 baht

Kamala to Rawai: 900 baht

Kamala to Phuket Airport: 700 baht

Kamala to Phuket City: 700 baht

Kamala to Cape Panwa: 900 baht

PATONG AREA TAXIS AND TUK-TUKS

Patong to Kamala: 400 baht

Patong to Karon: 400 baht

Patong to Kata: 500 baht

Patong to Phuket Airport: 800 baht

Patong to Laguna: 600 baht

Patong tp Cape Promthep: 700 baht

PHUKET AIRPORT TAXIS AND TUK-TUKS

Phuket Airport to Koh Sireh: 600 baht

Phuket Airport to Deep Sea Port: 750 baht

Phuket Airport to Chalong: 650 baht

Phuket Airport to Karon: 750 baht

Phuket Airport to Surin: 550 baht

Phuket Airport to Kamala: 600 baht

RAWAI AREA TAXIS AND TUK-TUKS

Rawai to Deep Sea Port: 750 baht

Rawai to Cape Panwa: 800 baht

Rawai to Chalong Bay: 350 baht

Rawai to Kata: 400 baht

Rawai to Patong: 700 baht

Rawai to Surin: 900 baht

Rawai to Phuket Airport: 1000 baht

Rawai to Phuket City: 500 baht

Rawai to New bus Station: 600 baht

A check on the board at a Surin beach taxi and tuk-tuk rank - not part of the latest agreement - showed the following fares:

SURIN AREA TAXIS AND TUK-TUKS

Surin to Phuket Airport: 700 baht

Surin to Kamala: 300 baht

Surin to JW Marriott: 900 baht

Surin to FantaSea (Kamala): 300 baht

Surin to Laguna: 400 baht

Surin to Mission Hills: 700 baht

Surin to Karon: 700 baht

Surin to Kata: 800 baht

Surin to Phuket City: 600 baht

Surin to Cape Promthep: 1200 baht

Surin to Cape Panwa: 1100 baht

Surin to Khao Lak: 2500 baht

Surin to Krabi: 3500 baht

Hope that this gives you an idea and have a great holiday.

Chantal

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
44 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi prices from cape Panwa

Thanks for that. Taxis seem quite expensive. I think it's worth looking at hiring a car or driver for a few days. Your list is very helpful and comprehensive.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi prices from cape Panwa

Hi there

Last year I paid 700 baht for a trip to Phuket w/end markets and the driver waited 3 hours for me, the trip from the airport was 550 baht but looks like prices might have gone up.

I chose a driver a few yrs ago from the list in the FAQ on TA and we had a wonderful day driving around the whole Island, stopping and starting when we wanted. I cant remember the price but did think at the time it was value when compared to local taxis.

The hotel does provide mini vans to Phuket Town, Central Festival shopping and an evening trip to Patong. They are around the 300 baht price so good value. Safe drivers, clean vans and they pick you up again at a designated spot. We had several fun nights in Patong this way then breathed a sigh of relief when we arrived back at the peace of Cape Panwa!

There is a local very cheap bus that starts at the aquarium that I have always meant to try but so far havent...its on the list!

Not sure that I would want to brave the traffic driving myself but then again taking it easy and being very aware of all the bikes etc whizzing around it might be OK certainly much safer than Bangkok!

I have regularly read about a recommended hire company on the Phuket forums....cant remember the name but I am sure a search will find them easily.

There are quite a number of small restaurants around CP these days plus the hotels so its easy to get variety and not pay for taxis.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
44 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi prices from cape Panwa

The driver option does seem like good value and we will certainly research one on TA before we go. We need to organise one to collect us from the airport anyway. As far as the hotel bus goes. If it's 300 baht per person then it's not going to be good value for us, that's going to be about £36 for a few hours somewhere (assuming they will also charge for our son). I think it's looking like a combination of car hire and a driver. Thanks for the advice!

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi prices from cape Panwa

Hi,

I always use Mr Ola 081 569 0588 who speaks excellent english and will drive you anywhere wait for you or pick you back up at an arranged point and time. He also has the tour desk in the Kantary Bay Hotel . For a taxi from the airport as Mr Ola does not have email www.phuketshutle.com

Julie

Ra'anana, Israel
Level Contributor
102 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi prices from cape Panwa

I just came back from Cape Panwa Hotel a couple of weeks ago. if I remember correctly the taxi prices at the hotel are:

driver for a day 2300 baht

suttle to phuket town goes once or twice a day - 80-100 baht each direction

taxi to phukt town 400 baht each direction.

airport pickup 1000 baht

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
44 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi prices from cape Panwa

Thanks! I think we'll make the most of the local restaurants and hire a car. Local transport seems very expensive. Last time we went to Phuket we stayed at the Seaview Patong. Perfect location but we thought the CP would suit us better now we have our son. I slightly regret that choice now due to it being isolated. It does look lovely though.

8. Re: Taxi prices from cape Panwa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 10:16