We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quesions abt cape panwa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Quesions abt cape panwa

hi guys,

I am currently staying at cape panwa and have few questions:

1) when taking taxi to patong or phuket town....how much shud i expect to pay for round trip?? I was looking at hotel shuttle but it leaves pretty late at 7.30pm

2) which are the good massage parlours around here. and what shud i expect to pay? There are so many parlours on the hill,it is hard to choose.

Thanks guys

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quesions abt cape panwa

Phuket town 400 baht, Patong 800 baht.

Massage parlour that I always use is Sabie half way up the hill.

Julie

Western Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quesions abt cape panwa

Hi Julie,

I was just about to post a question about Cape Panwa and came across your answer to someone else.

I have booked a package holiday to Phuket at a great price, staying in Karon, and have extended the airfare for an extra 8 night which we are still to arrange.

We will be there in mid May and thinking about a relaxing end of our holiday in Cape Panwa. We have previously eaten at the Cape Panwa Hotel with friends and loved the food. Do you have any info about the hotel?? We would prefer middle price range (in our 60's) views of the ocean would be nice, good food etc. A few suggestions would be greatly appreciated and restaurants there and near Karon if you have time.

Glen

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quesions abt cape panwa

Hi Glen,

Cape Panwa Hotel is a beautiful hotel I have stayed there many times and it is a good choice for a relaxing end to your stay. There are different room types depending on budget starting with the junior suites, Cape Suites, Cape Signature suites ,pool villas and the Absolute suite. It shares all facilities with its sister hotel Kantary Bay down the hill. Most rooms have views of the ocean but it is best when booking to ask for an ocean view incase some rooms have pool view instead of ocean.I always request a high floor as well.

The hotel has extensive facilities include two swimming pools, games room, fitness centre, sauna and massage room, whirlpool, water sports, scuba diving school, speed boats, yacht charter, scheduled day cruises to nearby Coral Island, and a world class Cape Spa.

The hotel has 6 restaurants shared with Kantary Bay from casual to fine dining and bars for pre dinner drinks and also a beach bar at the beach. Here is a link to my slide show of the hotel

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-05ec-666a-a643

Depending on budget you also have the Kantray Bay which is a good option as you can use all the facilities at Cape Hotel and a shuttle bus runs all day back and forth between the two hotels up to midnight.

You also have a good choice of restaurants in Panwa village Sawasdee, Sea Breeze, Live India, Hill Top Rest, Keang Lay, Curry nights and Tree Tops near Radisson . Sunset Bar in the village and Uncle Johns halfway up the hill by Cape Panwa Hotel. Plenty of massage places. Also nearby 5 minutes by taxi Beach Bar and Ship Inn at Ao Yon. You could also take a taxi into Phuket town to Natural Rest built into a tree and also Suay rest is excellent Phuket town.

Karon restaurants , Red Onion, Two Chefs, Mama Noi, Karon Cafe Steak house and grill those are a few of my favourites but there is plenty of good restaurants in and around Karon and nearby Kata.

Julie

Edited: 19 December 2012, 07:46
Western Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Quesions abt cape panwa

Thanks so much Julie.....just what I needed.....I'll look at all your advice after New Years Eve but it all sounds great.

Have you ever visited a restaurant called Mam Tri's or something similar...someone recommended it?

Regards,

Glen

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quesions abt cape panwa

Hi Glen.

These are the links to Mom Tri's there is two both in Kata Noi one at the top of the hill before you go ver the hill to Kata Noi Beach which is Mom Tri's Ktchen which is excellent

www.momtriphuket.com/mom-tri-kitchen.htm

Also the Boathouse at the bottom of the hill on Kata Beach belongs to Mom Tri's both are good amazing views from Mom Tri's Kitchen.

www.boathousephuket.com/boathouse_wine_grill

Julie

Western Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Quesions abt cape panwa

Thanks so much for all the great info and tips etc.

Just another quick question....do you know of the White Sands Resort near the airport in Phuket? We would like to spend the last 2 nights close to the airport because of an early departure.

Have decided on Cape Panwa (5 nights) for a bit of luxury before we depart also.

Regards,

Glen

7. Re: Quesions abt cape panwa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2014, 07:18