We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Mornington...
Level Contributor
148 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Panwa Hotel and Radisson Blue

Have holiday planned next month staying at these 2 hotels and am wanting to know if they supply beach/pool towels.

Also is there a shopping centre that supplies quality clothing at good prices? If so where and how much should we pay for a cab.

Cheers

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel and Radisson Blue

Cape Panwa hotel definaltely supplies pool/beach towels and I have never been to a quality hotel in Thailand that doesnt so I would assume the Radisson does as well.

We paid the local taxi driver 800 baht for a trip into Phuket Town and he waited a couple of hours for us last month. There is the local bus that leaves from the aquarium (30baht?) which I keep meaning to try and never do but spoke to a couple who were staying in the area for an extra long holiday and they use it all the time and said it was easy.

There are a couple of dept stores in Pukhet Town and a bigger shopping Mall called Central Festival but I have never seen any great bargains of quality clothes. I tend to shop in Bangkok.

Mornington...
Level Contributor
148 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel and Radisson Blue

Thanks for your reply, have been to Phuket twice but never been looking to "shop" in stores but thought there might be something worth checking out.

Looking forward to my holiday in the warm weather.

Cheers

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel and Radisson Blue

Hi,

No need to bring towels both hotels supply them. Plenty of good shopping centres in Phuket Town Central Festival , and Robinsons also the weekend night market Phuket Town is worth a look Saturday and Sundays.See this link and scroll to shopping.

www.cathyandgarystravelpages.com/phuket.htm

Julie

Mornington...
Level Contributor
148 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel and Radisson Blue

Thankyou Julie, will try shopping centres in Phuket and Robinsons, have done the night market but might go again.

Cheers

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel and Radisson Blue

Hi Jem,

We just got home from our trip, we stayed at the Radisson for 6 nights and it was not long enough, it was AMAZING!

There is a little kiosk down by the pool area where you can pick up and drop off pool towels, we even grabbed extra to take on a day trip.

They have a transport desk at the hotel, where they have a list of places you they can take you and their prices, we hired a driver to take us to some tourist spots, for just over 3 hours which cost us 1800 baht, didnt mind paying more because it was just so easy for us. And the driver was awesome!

But also across the road is a little taxi stand, (also a pharmacy, restaurant and massage/beauty) we got 2 trips to the night market which cost us 700 baht plus a 100 tip return and the driver waited for us until our agreed time.

Best hotel to stay at if you ask me, we will definitely be going back.

Im happy to answer any other questions you have =)

Mornington...
Level Contributor
148 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel and Radisson Blue

Thanks so much, am really looking forward to my trip, have stayed in Cape Panwa last year but not at either of these hotels. Is the night market still operating on the foreshore in the quiet season?

Cheers

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel and Radisson Blue

No worries, I am very jealous haha

I'm unsure about the foreshore night market, I hadn't read anything on it before we left so I wasn't aware that there was one, but we only made it to the actual Cape once during the day so we wouldn't have had a chance to see it if it was on.

The emails we sent the hotel before we left were replied to quickly so it might be worth enquiring with them, the staff were so friendly!

We made it to the Phuket Town one, I thought the shopping there was amazing, much better than Patong, hopefully there might be something different to when you went last time.

8. Re: Cape Panwa Hotel and Radisson Blue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 05:15