We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying in Cape Panwa - for diving

San Diego...
10 posts
Save Topic
staying in Cape Panwa - for diving

We are heading to Phuket in a couple weeks, and was wondering the best location to stay to dive. We don't want to travel longer by boat than necessary since we heard the water could be rough. We were thinking of staying in Cape Panwa, hoping dive boats leave from that area to the Phi Phi Islands. (looks closest to islands) and maybe be able to snorkel from the beach. Any suggestions is much appreciated. It's our first time to phuket and we are aware it is monsoon season. (trying to stay on the east side for calmer seas) Looking forward to the trip!!!!!!!

San Diego...
10 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: staying in Cape Panwa - for diving

Thanks again. We will check them out. How many days do you need to get a custom suit? Should we make that a priority on our list when we first arrive?

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,785 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: staying in Cape Panwa - for diving

NormallY; first stop to check oput options and make selection + sizes, 2 days later first fitting, next day 1 more fitting, if required 1 more day. So count 5 days.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: staying in Cape Panwa - for diving

We had a couple made recently for some customers at Hot Wave in Chalong and it took about 3 days. They were thrilled with the results.

San Diego...
10 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: staying in Cape Panwa - for diving

Thanks to all of you for your information. I have another question, if we decide to stay in Cape Panwa, would you stay in the Radison blu, Kantary bay or the Cape Panwa Hotel. We are traveling with our kids 29 and 25, but we all want a relaxing vacation. Interested in kayaking, snorkeling around hotel, diving and sailing. We hope to do a few dive trips, but we also want to adventure into town. We will be staying for 7 days and then heading to Bangkok where we will fly out of. The first four days of our trip we are staying at the Marriott using our time share and then we have another week to enjoy elsewhere. So what ever info, is much appreciated. Thanks again to all of you.....

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,785 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: staying in Cape Panwa - for diving

Cape Panwa is getting a bit old. So unless for a very good deal I would not stay there, although I think the service there is excellent and very friendly.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: staying in Cape Panwa - for diving

I have not stayed at the Radison or Kantary Bay but have stayed at Cape Panwa a number of times. CP has undergone lots of renovations of the last few years and the suites are amazing. I always find the staff great. It has a charm to it that a lot of 5* hotels do not have whilst still giving great service and comfort.

Kantary Bay is a bit what I guess you would call down market from CP Hotel but seems to be very popular.You can use the facilities of both hotels no matter which you stay at, one is on the beach the other the harbour and a shuttle bus runs betwen them.

The beach is tidal but calm and safe. The hotel offers trips to Coral island where you can snorkel with fish. Also Sea breeze diving do a course in the pool at CP and I think you can organise trips through them to dive. Sorry not into diving so have never paid great attention.

Its a very quiet and relaxing spot..I love it especially after a few weeks of travelling and being on the go constantly. re charges the batteries before heading to home and work.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: staying in Cape Panwa - for diving

Hi there. I think you perhaps mean Sea Bees. They have had the contract at CP for a number of years. I have dived with them many times.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: staying in Cape Panwa - for diving

OOps yes Sea bees..i must have had the name of a local favourite cafe on the brain

29. Re: staying in Cape Panwa - for diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cape Panwa