We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cat fear

Which Cape Panwa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cat fear

i am totaly cat phobic and i am worried about the cat population around Cape Panwa and Phuket in geneal

i would appreciate any information regarding this

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cat fear

To be honest,I cannot remember seeing any cats in Phuket...??...Maybe it was just me,as i am not interested in cats at all and took no notice of them....

Hope this phobia does not prevent you from holidaying in Phuket or anywhere for that matter....??...

London, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cat fear

The Thais like their animals and don't harm them, ive seen cats but more often dogs esp stray ones but they are cared for by locals, that is all over Thailand not particulary to the panwa area. You will prob find very few cats as the hotels will/do have a neutering programme and dogs are more often seen around beach front, shops and roadsides.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cat fear

Not sure about Cape Panwa but every hotel I have stayed at in Phuket has resident & stray cats :)

Cathy

Edited: 28 January 2014, 01:48
Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cat fear

Don't add Tiger Temple to the "to do list".

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cat fear

Hey Brio...you just beat me.

Mark.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cat fear

I have stayed at Cape Panwa in 3 different resorts over the past 18 months and can't remember seeing any cats at all, looking forward to returning soon.

Cheers

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cat fear

There are a few cats around Cape Panwa, but they seem to stay away from people unless approached. They arent the over friendly sort that wrap themselves around your legs like some of my friends cats do, I am sure you wont have any problems staying away from them.

perth WA
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cat fear

Would you recommend Radisson Blu Jem and are there any water sports on the beach?

Many thanks

yorkshire
Level Contributor
65 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cat fear

Have just arrived back from Cape Panwa .. Stayed at kantary bay AND only saw a couple all the time we where there!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,010 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cat fear

I prefer cats to most people I meet, so perhaps I'm not the one to comment. There are a few cats near hotels because people (like me) feed them. It's not that there are dozens of them. However if you don't like them, simply don't go near them. Believe it or not, cats know that you don't like them and they won't come near you, not like dogs. You don't have stray cats in Glasgow?