We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunsweet Hotel and Appartments.

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sunsweet Hotel and Appartments.

Anyone heard of these of had any experience with them? if so thoughts please.

Good or bad !!!

12 replies to this topic
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,506 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunsweet Hotel and Appartments.

Are you referring to this ?

mombasa-island.com/cottages/mombasa-cottages…

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunsweet Hotel and Appartments.

Thank you :)

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,724 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunsweet Hotel and Appartments.

I noticed their sign yesterday, its at the turn off for the back road into the Shanzu beach area, the one where Volume nightclub is at the end of the long bend between Bamburi beach and Shanzu. I haven't been down that road for a while so I don't know exactly where they are

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunsweet Hotel and Appartments.

Thanks is it a dark road so sounds as could be noisy then?? have you heard of the Punda Milia also?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,724 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunsweet Hotel and Appartments.

Nicki,

Virtually every road here is a dark road, but the main road in the asrea round that turn-off has no buildings on it all. They start a couple of hundred meters towards Shanzu, after the Old Shimo La Tewa Rd turn off, where the big trucks turn off for the back road to Bamburi Cement, then the buildings start on the inland side of the road. Volume is only about 100 yards down the road, the road then splits into several tracks, I don't know which Sunsweet is on or how far from Volume it is. I couldn't see anything that looked like it from the main road but I was on my motorbike so only had a quick glance. But in its not an area I would suggest for a lady staying alone, unless she had a car or was happy to use as taxi every time she went out at night.

Never heard of Punda Milia, but according to Google its 200m from Diani beach, sorry South Coast isn't my area of expertise

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunsweet Hotel and Appartments.

Ok thank you for your input rule that one out then just tells you not

To believe anything they tell you :)

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,724 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunsweet Hotel and Appartments.

Out of interest what did they tell you Nicki?

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunsweet Hotel and Appartments.

To believe anything they tell you :)

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunsweet Hotel and Appartments.

To believe anything they tell you :) Told me it was in a safe place security guarded and very popular . In a good area !!!

mombasa
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunsweet Hotel and Appartments.

Hi,

Punda mulia can be accessed through small road right side of shanzu to volume or just before chiefs pumb, stage known as water is nearer if you walk, then you will see th punda sign post, its a niece quiet small place with small garden and small pool. You can either get a room with utensils , cooker etc, or just a room. they also provide meals is you do not wish to cook, their meals very reasonable ie a plate of rice and chicken less than 400 ksh, breakfast was 250, the time i was there that is 2years ago. Please do ask if the neighbor dog which was at times noisy still there, otherwise was the best cheap place. An apartment was around 3000 during that time, normal rooms 2000ksh. They also have a small bar, drinks normal, ie beer 200khs, soda 50. the rates could have changed, am a Mombasa resident but do at times used to go there. Security was also good,but ask about safe if they have. owner, German lady and kenyan man lives close by the place. I went to sunsweet , which is on the volume disco turning road, when they had just opened, i didn't go to the rooms, but they looked big , swimming pool also bigger, i di not get in because i was looking rooms for guys from Nairobi, but the rate i got at the gate could not go with my clients request so i just turned back from the gate. Otherwise it looked clean and safe too. will let you know is i pass around there soon.

Reply to: Sunsweet Hotel and Appartments.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shanzu