We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gibbs Beach ~ How remote is it?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gibbs Beach ~ How remote is it?

We are a group of 4 adults (50ish) looking for a relaxing vacation by a beautiful beach. Not too crowded, but it would be nice to see people around and maybe walk to a beach bar occasionally for a drink and socializing.

We don't want to party every night but it would be nice to go for a few nice dinners and drinks somewhere fun.

We are looking at Gibbs Beach. Can anyone give me some info on that area?

Thanks in advance.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gibbs Beach ~ How remote is it?

The next bay around is Mullins which has a beach bar and a restaurant which serves lunch and dinner.

http://www.mullinsbarbados.com/

That beach gets pretty busy, Gibbs is much quieter and a lovely beach. You have about 10-15 minute drive into Holetown where there are plenty of other restaurants to choose from. Lonestar is another restaurant which isn't too far away. We stay further north at Port St Charles and enjoy it, I am sure you will like the area, it is a lovely spot.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,670 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gibbs Beach ~ How remote is it?

tracee93

I echo what uktripfan has said. It's a quite area, and not too crowded. Just what you're looking for.

Regards

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,270 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gibbs Beach ~ How remote is it?

tracee93

Gibbs Beach is in my opinion one of the best beaches in Barbados. I would not call it remote but it is a very quiet beach because there are no hotels there, only beautiful houses. One thing to note is that unless you are staying in a house on the beach you would have to bring your own chairs as there are none to rent out.

As uktripfan has said you are within easy reach of Holetown from there by bus or car.

I have stayed in the Gibbs area and loved it. The beach and the crystal clear water is fantastic.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gibbs Beach ~ How remote is it?

Even as a Southie i must agree that Gibbs is an excellent beach, only been there two or three times but enjoyed it on each occasion....especially the time we visited you Babiface when you had your bad foot, lol

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gibbs Beach ~ How remote is it?

Gibbs is a fantastic beach. has about 3 loud times a week when the party boat comes in for an hour between 11.30 and 1pm ish.

But apart from that there's about 4 rented houses and a few local houses on the beach yet it is so wide that you'll have as much space as you could ask for.

Oyster bay house is very good value for money if you wanted to rent a house that is on the beach.

Enjoy we have a few times!

If you do stay at oyster bay, or a villa in that area, make sure you go down to the local fish market and buy some lunch. nothing nicer than fresh caught fish!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gibbs Beach ~ How remote is it?

Thanks so much for all posts. We have made a decision to stay on Gibbs beach thanks to all this great info! Really looking forward to seeing Barbados for the first time. It sounds so beautiful. Don't know why it wasn't on my radar sooner :)

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,270 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gibbs Beach ~ How remote is it?

You have made a great decision!

Have a great time and let us know how your trip went when you return.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gibbs Beach ~ How remote is it?

Babiface

where do you stay when you go to Barbados?

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,270 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gibbs Beach ~ How remote is it?

paul d

I have stayed in a wide variety of places both on the west and the south. Have stayed in a few hotels but during recent times I always rent a house or an apartment. (Usually west coast)

For my next visit I will be spending a few weeks up West in a beach house and then a few weeks down South.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gibbs Beach ~ How remote is it?

tracee93 you are welcome! As Babiface said think you have made a great decision. Enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Saint Peter Parish