We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain in August?

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Topic
Rain in August?

Has anyone holidayed in Barbados in August (school holidays) i want to know if its a big risk going with kids and it being rainy season?

Don't want to go all that way just to get rained on for 2 weeks.

warrington
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain in August?

August is lovely in Barbados (any time is for that matter!)

There might be a few showers or there might not, the sea will be lovely and warm, just go and enjoy.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
890 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain in August?

August is often the hottest month in Barbados there can be rain as it is the hurricane season but it is rare for rain to last more than a day in Barbados.

Lancz
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain in August?

I've been in August, it rained at night on two occasions. It probably rains somewhere on the island every day of the year...you will be fine..enjoy it.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
549 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain in August?

Peter I've spent two out of the last 3 years in Barbados in August, it does rain from time to time, we lost two full days to rain on both trips so 4 in total, having said that I got a much better tan during my August holidays than I did during my recent June trip.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain in August?

Rain in August?

There is a smal percentage risk of rain ( very seldom do you have rain covering the whole Island )

you can move 10 minutes or less in diferent direction and see no rain. There is moere chance of rain out of rany season like early in the new year.

If you are here for two weeks you should be fine. The weather all over teh world is srewed so here shoiuld be ok.

look at the weather statistics over the last 7 or 8 years at that time and make a call.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,693 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain in August?

Very true eley - Rain in Jan. is common

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,429 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain in August?

I am always on the Island in August and it's one of my favourite months of the year because the sea is usually at it's calmest and at it's warmest ( and I mean really warm ) The weather is pretty constant throughout the year temperature wise, and unlike many places in Europe which reach unbearable temperatures, it rarely goes over 30 degrees in Barbados . We do get rain on occasion but overall, August is just the most beautiful month for a fabulous beach holiday. Do not hesitate -------------book.

8. Re: Rain in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Saint Peter Parish