We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados 2013 - Hotel or Villa, Gluten Free, Virgin and NFL

London UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Barbados 2013 - Hotel or Villa, Gluten Free, Virgin and NFL

Hello

I will be travelling to Barbados in September 2013

Will want to be near The Black Rock area, can anyone make recommendations for hotels in the area (would prefer 4 or 5 star) or would a Villa be a good alternative as I am a gluten free traveller so would prefer to make my own breakfast meals and go out to lunch/dinner. Anyone recommend any gluten free restaurants in the area.

Also flying with Virgin on their new plane, what side of the plane is best for views of the island (luckily flying in UC) and on the way back is it true I can get to airport late to minimise time there as their is not a lot to do (is the Concorde museum worth a visit?)

Lastly where is the best place to watch the NFL over there, especially the Redskins season opener?

Thanks

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,374 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados 2013 - Hotel or Villa, Gluten Free, Virgin and NFL

Is there a particular reason why you want to be at Black Rock ? This is a residential area rather than one where you will find Hotels or Holiday Villas. . The nearest Hotel would be Waves All Inclusive on the West Coast and I believe there are some Villas to let in that vicinity, which maybe others can tell you about. Waves is definitely not 4 or 5 star though !!

Flying from the UK you generally need to sit on the left hand side of the plane to see the coastline of Barbados. Flying back , I usually check in around an hour and a half before the flight when I travel UC . The Concord Experience is well worth a view if you can check in early enough to fit it in.

As for Gluten free Restaurants, I do not know of any specific ones, but most restaurants will try their best to accommodate people's tastes , if they have enough notice.

Hope that helps a bit.

Edited: 22 June 2013, 16:22
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,374 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados 2013 - Hotel or Villa, Gluten Free, Virgin and NFL

Here are a few villas in Black Rock for you to consider

holidaylettings.co.uk/black-rock,-barbados/

Brighton Beach is a stunning beach very near to the main Port. and Bridgetown .

Edited: 22 June 2013, 16:36
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,521 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados 2013 - Hotel or Villa, Gluten Free, Virgin and NFL

SuperOwls

Sadly the Four Seasons Barbados is nowhere near ready, so as for 4 or 5* resorts, I would suggest staying in Paynes Bay. Have a look at Beach View or the Tamarind. Black Rock is just a short drive up the road if there's a specific reason you need to be there.

For the NFL Games, Bubba's Sport's Bar in Worthing is an excellent spot. It's an American-styled sports bar and restaurant and definitely shows the games.

Regards

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
682 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados 2013 - Hotel or Villa, Gluten Free, Virgin and NFL

Hi, I'm not sure which area Black Rock is but we always stay on the South Coast (Worthing) and my sister is coeliac. She has never had any problems with gluten free food. We have bought stuff from supermarkets, restaurants, beach bars and cafes. We cooked a couple of meals in last year but apart from that ate out the whole time.

In my opinion the Concorde experience is well worth a visit.

Enjoy :-)

5. Re: Barbados 2013 - Hotel or Villa, Gluten Free, Virgin and NFL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Saint Michael Parish