We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crop Over 2014

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Crop Over 2014

I'm looking to rent a house for Crop Over. Right now i'm considering a house in Oistins, is this close enough to the fetes/limes? I know it's a little far from the actual Kadooment, but is there public transportation we would be able to take? or should we rent a car?

Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
895 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crop Over 2014

Fetes are held mostly in the St.Michael and are easily accessible from ZR in Oistins you might need the car however,as fetes end when public transport is finished. You could also organise a taxi its your preference enjoy.

Bridgetown, Barbados
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Crop Over 2014

On Kadooment Day you will need two buses from Oistins to reach the point where the bands start. Living in Oistins you will be 3 minutes from Friday night Oistins fish fry and 10 minutes from St.Lawrence Gap where you find the best liming spots. Fetes for Cropover tend to be in st. Michael. You can use a bus to get to them but you will need something else to get to the Gap and return home. You can catch up on what is happening here http://www.thingstodobarbados.com

Most people leave the fetes and spend the rest of the night in the Gap.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Crop Over 2014

Thanks both! I'm now looking at some places in Navy Gardens. Is that better in terms of locations or should I just look for something in the Gap? Are taxis easily accessible after fetes or should we just rent a car?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crop Over 2014

Renting a car is convenient but the parking is a real pain plus you can't get drunkish. Taxis are easy to find and ou could negotiate and get his number so that he could be your dedicated guy wherever you want to go. There are a lot of hotels and rentals closer to the gap. During crop over weekend no one goes to Oistin's anyway- all about Foreday morning.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crop Over 2014

jna66

Have a look at Maxwell Beach Apartments on the South Coast. I think they would suit you perfectly fine.

Regards

6. Re: Crop Over 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Oistins
Recent Conversations