We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach loungers?

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,732 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Beach loungers?

I will be staying at the All season in late April, and would be grateful for some information.

What is the name of the nearest beach to the All Seasons, and is it far to walk?

Is it possible to rent a beach umbrella/sun lounger?

If there are other beaches within an half hour walk, is it possible to also rent an umbella and lounger.

Much as I am looking forward to some sunshine... I don't want to fry on the beach!

Many thanks

9 replies to this topic
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach loungers?

The closest beach to the All Season Resort is the beach immediately behind the new Beachlands Condominium project (construction hasn't started yet) that is no more than a 10 minute walk from the resort. There is a public beach access immediately past the white boarded up section of the Beachlands project (on the main beach road). Unfortunately, rental of a beach umbrella or beach lounger is not available there. However, you can go to the Sunset Mall from the resort (about half way to the beach) and look in at either the Cave Sheppard store or a smaller store just next door to it (that sells beach goods) where you should be able to find some beach mats, floaters, possibly beach umbrellas (?),etc. that you can buy for a reasonable price for your ongoing use while there. The cost at the end of the day will be less than if you went to the beach and rented the equipment on a daily basis. We have taken our own beach mats, beach towels, etc. in the past and even a foldable beach umbrella that fit the bill quite nicely.

I made a video of the Beachlands beach in January this year and you can find it here:

Beachlands Barbados - Jan 2013 (updated)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y3eq7cmhvQ

There are other beaches within walking distance from Beachlands going south (Sandy Lane beach, Payne's bay, etc.) but you can only get through on low tide (particularly around "The Beach Resort", previously Almond Beach). Going north, you can walk all the way to Holetown along the Boardwalk with a number of small beaches along the way ending at a larger beach right in Holetown. I also made a video of the Boardwalk in 2010 (immediately after it was built) that will give you a good idea of what it's like now (it hasn't changed much) and you will find the video for that here:

Boardwalk - Sunset Crest to Holetown 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlqFILV8UkI

Finally, make sure to check out Cheryl's Meals on Wheels, next door to the Sunset Mall, for some local Barbados food that is reasonably priced. You can see a youtube video of her food truck that I made in December 2012 here (make sure you tell her you saw her on youtube, she will be thrilled!):

Cheryl's Meals On Wheels (Barbados) - Dec 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ov__NPKuNA

Enjoy your stay in Sunset Crest.

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,732 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach loungers?

robeny12

Many thanks, this is exactly the information I was looking for. Thoroughly enjoyed the links too.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,354 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach loungers?

Go to this link and you'll see here you're staying in relation to the beaches. Then go to the "Holetown" link and you'll see the beaches slightly north of you and in easy walking distance. You can get loungers and umbrellas on the beach in front of Zaccios. No need to buy anything.

www.barbados.org/aerial/sunset-crest.php

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,732 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach loungers?

Canby

Thank you for the link, which I have now saved. It certainly helped me get my bearings, and I've had great fun leaping from one beach view to another.Its still snowing here..... and those beaches look so inviting!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,186 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach loungers?

Please note that sun loungers and umbrellas are cheaper to hire infront of Surfside Bar and Restaurant than those at Zaccios.

Surfside is next door to Zaccios !

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,037 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach loungers?

Westiegal, is Surfside Bar the place behind the police station? If so 2 loungers and an umbrella cost $20 USD/day.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,186 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach loungers?

Yes that's right N C . The sea rudely took our beach about 4 weeks ago and some of our guests went to Zaccios the first day, then realised Surfside were cheaper. Unfortunately, it's just that bit too far to carry one of our loungers along the beach lol.

Edited: 04 April 2013, 23:04
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach loungers?

I was amazed how much beach there is outside Zaccio's when we were there, I have never seen chairs two deep before, it was looking great, didn't realise it had disappeared at Mango Bay.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,186 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach loungers?

Yes uk that is where our beach has gone until we have a good sea storm with the tide coming from the South. They re-start the Beach project in April thank goodness.

Reply to: Beach loungers?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted