We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. James Parish/Holetown Restaurants, Bars & Nightlife

Which Porters hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dearborn Heights...
Level Contributor
54 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
St. James Parish/Holetown Restaurants, Bars & Nightlife

First time to Barbados in next 2 weeks & staying A.I. at the The Club in St. James Parish. Looking for suggestions for a few lunches and/or dinners out in area with some late night entertainment. Have a tour of the island booked with a stop for dinner at Oisten's. Also planning a day at Alleyne's beach with lunch at Ramshackle's. Not interested in "fine" (pricey) dinners....but am looking for good food, relaxed atmosphere with maybe some evening entertainment, i.e. steel bands, etc. Thanks for any suggestions!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. James Parish/Holetown Restaurants, Bars & Nightlife

Late night places are Lexy's Bar on 2nd Street in Holetown,and Priva Nightclub on 1st Street. Friday night is party night on 2nd Street, until very late with live music in the Mews and Lexys and Sunday night is party night on 1st Street till late with Karaoke at the rum shop One Love Bar and a terrific Drag Show at Ragamuffins ( book early )

Steel Pan musicat Surfside Bar on the beach behind the Police Station, on a Sunday night so go there for a meal before Karaoke the first Sunday and Ragamuffins the next.

Friday late afternoon and evening go to the Lime Bar in Limegrove Lifestyle centre ( bottom of 1st Street ) for music and a great atmosphere, and Friday night is jazz night at the Beach House restaurant before you end up on 2nd Street,

Will that do for starters?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,778 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. James Parish/Holetown Restaurants, Bars & Nightlife

burnsyislandgirl

I'd suggest visiting the Beach House, the Lime Bar & Zoola Cafe at Limegrove and Lexie's Piano Bar.

Regards

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,778 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. James Parish/Holetown Restaurants, Bars & Nightlife

Westiegal3

Almost spot on....identical timing.

Regards

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. James Parish/Holetown Restaurants, Bars & Nightlife

Ha Ha BGI snap, but mine took longer than yours --------especially typing one fingered. lol.

Dearborn Heights...
Level Contributor
54 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. James Parish/Holetown Restaurants, Bars & Nightlife

WOW Westiegal3.....just the kind of starters I'm looking for! Thanks so much for all the info. Any thoughts on Scarlet?

Dearborn Heights...
Level Contributor
54 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. James Parish/Holetown Restaurants, Bars & Nightlife

Thanks for your reply BGI...was giving some thought to Beach House & Lexie's Piano Bar from what I've been reading but hadn't considered the others...good suggestions...thank you!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. James Parish/Holetown Restaurants, Bars & Nightlife

Burnseyisland, I haven't been to Scarlett's for a while, but I did like it last time I went-----------------great burgers and Mojitos from what I remember, but living in Holetown, I can walk to all those places andmany other local Restaurants with ease. You must go to Ranshackles though, and Bombas which is on Road View just past Mullins Beach. What a shame you are going A I.!

Edited: 16 January 2013, 18:28
West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St. James Parish/Holetown Restaurants, Bars & Nightlife

Lime Bar in the Limegrove centre for evening drinks. Lovely atmosphere. Last week and over the New Year period they had a great duo singing there on the weekends ... fantastic voices.

Tiki Hut in 1st street also for late night drinks/cocktails.

Just Grillin in Holetown is great for a casual low cost evening meal ... great ribs and flying fish meals.

Orange Street Grocer in Speightstown .... I only very recently discovered this little place. It is a little gem .... great for salads, pasta and pizzas at lunch time. The pasta and especially the thin crust pizzas are the best I have had on the island. It is a deli but with a restaurant at the back over looking the ocean and pier. It is most definitely worth a bus ride to Speightstown.

Ramshackles is a must! Make the day of it too ... you can rent sun beds and umbrellas there .... Say hello to Bongo for me! Their fresh fish is amazing.

If you are there for the full moon then they have a great beach BBQ, bonfire party with live music.

Have a great trip.

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St. James Parish/Holetown Restaurants, Bars & Nightlife

Scarlets : been there this NYE: great ambiance,said to have great cocktails. We had just a main courses which we found were of small portions, but if we had had starters and deserts, our view of the main courses might have been different ! Wine,as in all good restaurants, was on the expensive side.

No entertainment that night, or any night we gathered !

Edited: 16 January 2013, 19:43
Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St. James Parish/Holetown Restaurants, Bars & Nightlife

Sunday night drag show at Ragamuffins is great, book a tablea table for 7.30 pm for food ( very good, reasonably priced ) : show starting at 9 pm. We loved their Christmas show !!

Edited: 16 January 2013, 19:49