We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jolly beach or pineapple beach help?

Which Bolans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
surreymaria
Level Contributor
185 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
jolly beach or pineapple beach help?

I am going on a last minute holiday with my daughter and am on a bit if a budget, therefore I am trying to decide between the jolly beach resort and thepineapple beach hotel or I would be greatfull for any other recomendations in the same sort of price bracket. It is the food and the room size and things to do that are causing me the most concern. Thanks for any help you can give.

surreymaria.

London
Level Contributor
43 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jolly beach or pineapple beach help?

Hi !

Pineapple Beach is quite a long way from anywhere so it could be difficult to get out of the hotel and go to other places unless you hire a car. However the Hotel is nice. Jolly Beach is much closer to "things to do" such as Jolly Harbour which has some nice little bars and restaurants and a good supermarket. Also plenty of other activities. You can also get a bus in to St John's from here. It has an excellent beach. The rooms are a little worn but for a budget hotel it is good. You might want to check out Sugar Ridge as they were doing some special offers (not sure if they still are). This is a new and really nice resort and has fantastic food at their 2 restaurants. Although they are not right on the beach there are plenty nearby (free shuttle) and walking distance from Jolly Harbour Marina. Hope this is of some help.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,780 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jolly beach or pineapple beach help?

I'd agree with the above, and would add that although the JBR rooms are on the small side, there is no single supplement, so you can have one each if you want.

I think JBR is better value in terms of food and activities. Both are lovely locations, but as stated, Pineapple can feel pretty remote.

surreymaria
Level Contributor
185 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jolly beach or pineapple beach help?

Thanks to both of you , that has really helped with me make up my mind .M

daughter likes to be active so I think it is the JBR for us.

surreymaria.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jolly beach or pineapple beach help?

I would recommend Bucaneer and using your kitchen for breakfast and lunch and dining out at dinner. I am not a fan of AI's personally. If i had to choose between your two I choose Pineapple due to location. JB is too crowded for my tastes.

5. Re: jolly beach or pineapple beach help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Bolans