We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocobay Seafront Rooms

surrey
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cocobay Seafront Rooms

Do all seafront rooms have plunge pools?

we have booked one through Virgin and it is not mentioned in their brochure but all other websites and brochures i've seen indicate that they all have pools.

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
542 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocobay Seafront Rooms

We have booked through Virgin and only got offered Seaview or Garden view cottages (so we chose Seaview). Seaview cottages don't have plunge pools - but do have the view. Seafront pool cottages have both! You may be able to upgrade by contacting the hotel - if they have availability. The Cocobay website gives you a good idea of the different types of room which are available - and if you have any questions they answer e-mails really quickly.

www.cocobayresort.com/antigua_hotel_home.php

You also need to know that the Seaview cottages do not include aircon in the basic price. If you want that it is an extra US$210 - payable on arrival.

We haven't been to Cocobay before but we're so looking forward to our holiday in November - 8 weeks and counting..............

Baldock, United...
Level Contributor
851 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocobay Seafront Rooms

Yes all seafront cottages ave a plunge pool. There is no mention of these on Virgins website goodness knows why they have had them 3/4 years now. Do not worry you will have one. You can check direct with Cocobay they will have your booking noted. You will love them.

Sue

Edited: 09 September 2011, 21:42
surrey
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocobay Seafront Rooms

thank you so much for your answer. I am now even more excited!!

Kent
Level Contributor
248 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cocobay Seafront Rooms

I stayed in a sea front cottage. In two weeks I think I/we used it twice.

Its a nice touch and you get the best views so some would say worth the money. Also you get air con whch you dont really need unless its the middle of the summer.

Enjoy, I loved Cocobay ! (Just mind the spiders).

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cocobay Seafront Rooms

You have Seaview, which is what Virgin offer (we are staying in one of these at the end of November) no air conditioning unless you pay for it at the resort! You then have SeaFront cottages and these are the ones with plunge pools! Have copied and pasted info below straight from the website! Hope this helps

Cocobay Resort, an intimate romantic island setting...

Choose from 49 private, authentic, Caribbean cottages and 4 plantation houses each enjoying a private verandah with striking sea views and custom designed wooden furniture. The 4 hilltop plantation houses are specially designed for families or two couples traveling together.

STANDARD COTTAGES FEATURE: Private balcony with adirondack chairs and hammock, garden view or partial sea view, ceiling fan, mini fridge, shower, hair dryer, coffee/tea maker, iron & ironing board (on request), king size or two twin beds, In-room safe. Sleeps up to 3 persons.

SEAVIEW COTTAGES FEATURE: Air Conditioning (not included in rate), private balcony with deck chairs and hammock, ceiling fan, mini fridge, shower, hair dryer, coffee/tea maker, iron & ironing board (on request) ,king size or two twin beds, In-room safe. These units overlook the resort, surrounding beaches and the Caribbean Sea. Sleeps up to 3 persons.

SEAFRONT POOL COTTAGES FEATURE: Plunge Pool, air conditioning, bathrobes and other extra bathroom amenities, private balcony with adirondack chairs and hammock, ceiling fan, mini fridge, shower, hair dryer, coffee/tea maker, iron & ironing board, king size or two twin beds, In-room safe. These units enjoy premium waterfront locations and maximum privacy. Sleeps up to 3 persons.

PLANTATION HOUSES FEATURE: all Seaview Cottage facilities, master bedroom with king-size bed and private bathroom with tub, second bedroom with two twin beds and private bathroom with shower, 2 large airy verandahs with panoramic sea views spacious and comfortably furnished living room. Sleeps up to 4 persons.

*Please note that in keeping with our tranquil, authentic Caribbean style, cottages DO NOT include Television. Cable TV is available in the public lounge. Air Conditioning is included ONLY in Seafront Pool Cottages and Seaview Cottages. All cottages include telephones.

surrey
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cocobay Seafront Rooms

Hi All,

Thanks for all the posts.

we have now been to Cocobay and it was amazing. Just to let anyone who's interested know, we did have a seafront room and it did have a plunge pool. We booked through Virgin but our travel agent had to call Virgin who called the resort before they confirmed avaialability.

Enjoy

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cocobay Seafront Rooms

Have all the seafront rooms unobstructed views, I read in one persons report that they did'nt have a clear view, and that they had a cottage in front of them, we've booked for next year , and hope this is'nt the case,

surrey
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cocobay Seafront Rooms

Some of the seafront rooms do have obstructed views with a cottage in front of them, the view is still amazing as they are on a slope however i would not consider them 'seafront'.

i would contact the hotel direct and ask for a cottage with no 1-10 which are completely unobstructed.

Baldock, United...
Level Contributor
851 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cocobay Seafront Rooms

Sorry I think you have the numbers wrong. We were in no 6 and that had a cottage in front. Not directly but to the right. It did not spoil the view but was not as great. No,s 7-12 have the best views without any trees in front. No,s 1-6 all have trees in front. There are a couple of others with names and are semi that are great but I think they save these for direct bookings.

Finally even if you request a particular room you probably will not get it. I have done this a few times without luck as priority does go to direct bookings.

Whatever you get you will not be disappointed.

Hope that helps.

Sue

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cocobay Seafront Rooms

Glad you had a wonderful holiday! We go in 6 weeks so excited!

Get answers to your questions about Bolans