We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much is an upgrade from a supersaver to superior at JBR?

pwincess_katie
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
How much is an upgrade from a supersaver to superior at JBR?

Ive seen what my upgrade would be with my tour operator (£841) and I have seen other other people write they have had an upgrade for free! Then others have had to pay for the upgrade. I have looked on there site, but again was a lot of money compared to what people have wrote on trip advisor.

Can anyone help... someone out there done this exact upgrade ?

Derbyshire Dame
Level Contributor
450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much is an upgrade from a supersaver to superior at JBR?

Sorry to have to tell you that at the time we booked Virgin had a special offer of a free room upgrade.

The "superior" room was larger having 2 queen sized beds, a coffee maker and fridge in the room. Standard rooms have one large bed and, I understood from other guests, were quite small with no fridge/coffee maker BUT who goes to the Caribbean to spend time in a hotel room?!

On balance I'd have taken a jug kettle with me and NOT have paid the extra as all rooms face the beach and a small room for a week wouldn't have bothered us.

This hotel is not "posh" at all but our room was kept clean and we enjoyed the food. ALL the staff were lovely to us. The beach was beautiful but some vendors could be a bit of a nuisance. Just say no thank you to them and, should they persist, say you will report them to security. Remeber though, it's a public beach as are all the beaches in Antigua.

The hotel doesn't provide shower gel so take your own unless you're happy to use the soap. Likewise the shampoo isn't great quality. We had no tissues [paper hankies] in our room for over half the stay.

Enjoy your holiday

W-D

2. Re: How much is an upgrade from a supersaver to superior at JBR?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Bolans