We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do? jolly beach resort

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Topic
things to do? jolly beach resort

looking to go on vacation at the end of april and was wondering what Antigua had to offer for things to do and how much the costs are thinking of staying at jolly beach resort

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
384 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do? jolly beach resort

I was hoping someone would reply to this because we are going last week of April and staying at JBR.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do? jolly beach resort

Definitely Shirley Heights on a Sunday night. Stay as late as possible for the bands that play later on after sunset.

Sorry I am not staying at JBR, but I guess you could compare the official JBR site and their prices there with a travel company.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,860 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: things to do? jolly beach resort

There's plenty to do in terms of trips, tours, sightseeing, watersports, entertainment etc. Tour prices vary depending on what you want to do - there are lots and lots of reviews here on TA, and all have links to the operator's websites which will show costs. Resorts will always charge more than booking directly, sometime significantly so.

At the end of April, you have the bonus of being on island during Sailing Week - and it's really worth taking at least one trip down to the south of the island to see the yachts in action, and to join in with the party if you want to!

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
384 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: things to do? jolly beach resort

I have read a bit about Shirley Heights...that is on our list for sure.

Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: things to do? jolly beach resort

Mizgeorge-do you know any other boating/sailing tours that make a stop at StingRay city? I know Xtreme nav tour goes there but they aren't available for the date we requested. We want to spend a day out on the water and also want to visit Sting Ray city, hoping you had a suggestion, you know everything about Antigua and are so helpful!! We will be there next Tuesday, can't wait!!!

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,860 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: things to do? jolly beach resort

I believe the Xtreme is the only organised tour that makes a proper stop at sting ray city. You can take their own ride out from Seatons, and their guides are lovely, but it's a longer session, and is to the rays feeding area only, with no other time on the water.

It might be worth getting back in touch with Adventure Antigua to see if there's any sensible alternative day for you - I know they do sometimes run the Xtreme with two boats when it's really busy. If you can't find a workaround on dates, I think you'd have to treat the two separately, and in honesty, probably on two different days. The only other option would be a private charter, and arrange to meet the guys at SRC out there on the way, but it would be a lot more expensive, unless there's a good size group of you.

The little self drive boats from WCT might be a fun shorter trip on the water, and from memory you're at Jolly, so would be very convenient, but you'd have to arrange your own transport up to Seatons for Sting Ray City, or combine it with a sightseeing trip over to that side of the island.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: things to do? jolly beach resort

rory w ...We were a group of 8 that stayed at the Jolly Beach Resort in Dec. 2012, we all enjoyed ourselves very much! The most beautiful beach we had ever been to! Rooms- small and dated but clean. (who cares the view made up for older rooms ) Do your homework on all the sights you would like to see,then call Lexy Taxi Service at 268-770-5503 or 268-734-5658 and arrange for DARREN to take you out for the most amazing day! He was so nice, professional, and informative... we told him what we were interested in and he added a few things we would'nt have known to ask for. What a beautiful island! Make sure you try the specialty restaurants at the resort, the Indian, was great (ask to have Vivienna as your waitress ..the italian and seafood were great as well. Staff here are very friendly too.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: things to do? jolly beach resort

rory w ...We were a group of 8 that stayed at the Jolly Beach Resort in Dec. 2012, we all enjoyed ourselves very much! The most beautiful beach we had ever been to! Rooms- small and dated but clean. (who cares the view made up for older rooms ) Do your homework on all the sights you would like to see,then call Lexy Taxi Service at 268-770-5503 or 268-734-5658 and arrange for DARREN to take you out for the most amazing day! He was so nice, professional, and informative... we told him what we were interested in and he added a few things we would'nt have known to ask for. What a beautiful island! Make sure you try the specialty restaurants at the resort, the Indian, was great (ask to have Vivienna as your waitress ..the italian and seafood were great as well. Staff here are very friendly too.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
32 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: things to do? jolly beach resort

Try Stingray City Antigua, they have their own website: www.stingraycityantigua.com If you're staying at Jolly Harbour you need to go down the road to The Nest and try the food. Doesn't appear to be the best restaurant for sure but the food is delicious.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
32 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: things to do? jolly beach resort

Classic Yacht Regatta 18th-23rd of April; Guadeloupe to Antigua Race on April 26; Antigua Sailing Week 27th of April thru 3rd of May. Also, a bird festival at the end of the month.

Get answers to your questions about Bolans