We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR - questions

connecticut
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
JBR - questions

Hello - we are planning a vacation to the Jolly Beach Resort and have a few questions:

1. How far by taxi from airport to resort?

2. Does anyone happen to know the schedule of when each of the restaurants are open?

3. How are the king superior rooms? Do you get a view of the beach?

4. How far is St. John's from the resort?

Many thanks in advance for all responses.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,949 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR - questions

It's about half an hour or less from the airport - depending on time of day and traffic.

I believe king superior rooms are all ocean facing - there are trees between the buildings and the sea, but you should be able to see a bit (at least) of beach and water!

St Johns is about 20 minutes away - there's a very efficient public bus service in. It's not a big tourist draw though - very much a local capital city with a couple of shopping / duty free areas - one of which (Redcliffe Quay) is fairly pretty, and a vendors mall and market. If you're souvenir shopping, you can find anything you like on the beach at Jolly, and for sightseeing, you'll probably find it more interesting to head south down the west coast beaches and down to English Harbour.

I can't help with the restaurant schedule, I'm afraid. I believe a lot is dependant on the time of year and occupancy rates.

connecticut
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR - questions

Mizgeorge, many thanks for your informative response. It is much appreciated!

3. Re: JBR - questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Bolans