We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR Beach chairs

New Jersey
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
JBR Beach chairs

Is there really a shortage of beach chairs/ lounges at Jolly Beach Resort?

alliston
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR Beach chairs

Yes most definately - there is also a shortage of palaplas or a bit of shade. If you are beach people as we are, we just got up early, grapped our chairs, and watched the sunrise with a lovely hot cup of coffee! Didn't seem to be such a problem around the pools though.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR Beach chairs

It does also depend on how busy the resort is. If you're visiting outside high season, it's a lot easier as they won't be at full capacity.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
574 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR Beach chairs

My husband and I will be there in 10 days! Is the resort typically very busy at this time? Easier to get chairs (and shade) at the 'quiet pool'?

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR Beach chairs

March is most definitely "high season" everywhere in the Caribbean.

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
386 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR Beach chairs

I am hoping that the end of April is "low" season!

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR Beach chairs

We were there in the end of Nov.,8 people and we always sat under palapas near one another all week, we were out by 7to 7:30 each morning. Hope you enjoy the view its amazing!

Hereford
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR Beach chairs

Stayed at JBR two years ago (March) and found the both "shade and beach beds" a problem. Shade is limited and therefore these positions are in demand. Sadly the management has done nothing to alliviate the situation over the years. The cost of construction of more sun shades plus the purchasing of additional sun beds is a cheap option that would greatly enhance the guests vacation and negate some unfavourable reviews. All beaches generally on most of the islands are public beaches and one can find local traders sited on the best locations which also limits availability for the guests. Unfortunately one also has to put with those selfish people that put towels on beds and dont turn up until lunchtime!

However I shall be returning there next week for ten days and if necessary will join the pre -dawn "bags a bed brigade". Great beach, cant wait!!

sussex
Level Contributor
479 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JBR Beach chairs

Yes there seems to be and there all together so we bought our own chairs to have our own beach at end of beach under the trees.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JBR Beach chairs

retrogirl.....its the very end of high season.

Mike in Tulsa

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
197 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JBR Beach chairs

i submitted an email on the JBR website, as well as a remark on JBRs facebook page regarding shortage of chairs. Both times they responded if you cannot find chairs, to ask at the watersports desk and they will accommodate you. I can tell you, if people are "marking" their spots with towels and what not at 6am, but do not show up for hours, I will not hesitate to place their belongings neatly elsewhere. This practice of unused reserving is totally inconsiderate and should not be tolerated. Leaving for 20-30 mins, ok, but not for countless hours while people go back to bed. Ugh.

Get answers to your questions about Bolans