We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the resort supply umbrellas for shade on the beach?

Which Bolans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lower Burrell...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Does the resort supply umbrellas for shade on the beach?

Hello,

This is our second trip to Antigua, we were at the Coconut Beach Club in 2008. My husband and I will be at Jolly Beach in February, a much larger resort and the beach looks beautiful. Do they supply umbrellas for shade or do you need to rent them? If so how much does that run?

I would appreciate any helpful advise on the resort, I can't wait as we had record breaking wind chills of 20 to 30 below zero here in the Pittsburgh area today!

alliston
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does the resort supply umbrellas for shade on the beach?

Hi - there are a few Palapa's scattered about but they seem to go fast. But no worries as there is a Vendor who rents umbrella's very reasonable priced! This will be our third visit...you will love it!

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
40 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does the resort supply umbrellas for shade on the beach?

Hi. Do the beach vendors accept US dollars or prefer EC? Thanks.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does the resort supply umbrellas for shade on the beach?

They'll happily take either! Perhaps with a slight preference for US.

Lower Burrell...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does the resort supply umbrellas for shade on the beach?

Thanks, can't wait to get there!

CINCINNATI,OHIO
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Does the resort supply umbrellas for shade on the beach?

We are also going to Jolly Beach Resort this February. It is cold as hell in Ohio to.

We went to Jolly last year at this time. The resort is a 3 star and the beach is a 5 star. The food is great.

Rooms are like motel 6 ( Needs updated ) but the beach is amazing !!! The pool is great , The swim up bar is not so great. Here is a couple of things you need : Bring bug spay, the mosquitoes or sand fees are BAD !!!

Bring a cup for each person with a lid and straw. They will give u a small bathroom cup for a drink. Your big cup will save u standing in line and you can fill it and take it back to your room, because last year we didn't have fridges in our room:-( Don't expect little soap or shampoo, bring your own and maybe a wash cloth or two. The little things are lacking at this resort but the location makes up for it.

Also don't book any excursions with the beach vendors, last year a few couples did and wished they had not. You are better off booking stuff thru the Hotel.

Let me know if you have anymore questions

I hope you have a great time !!!

Lower Burrell...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does the resort supply umbrellas for shade on the beach?

Thank You, can't wait!

CINCINNATI,OHIO
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Does the resort supply umbrellas for shade on the beach?

OMG !!!! Its to Cold Here ! If it snows one more day, i might have to move my trip up.

I cant waite to go to Antigua !

I am counting down now. Who is going in mid February ?

Hereford
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does the resort supply umbrellas for shade on the beach?

Have just seen your post! Went to Jolly Beach last March , my second visit. The local beach vendors seem to increase in numbers each year and take over all the prime positions. Can recommend a beach "position " just the other side of the water sports centre (opposite Italian restaurant) where there was always shade and beds available. Have a great time

maidstone
Level Contributor
212 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does the resort supply umbrellas for shade on the beach?

Meadowdaisy we are going to antigua on February the 20th and staying at coconut beach resort :) how about you ?

CINCINNATI,OHIO
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Does the resort supply umbrellas for shade on the beach?

That's the day we are leaving to go home. I hope you have a great trip ! Don't forget your Drinking mug !

Cheers

Get answers to your questions about Bolans