We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawksbill by Rex Resorts or Jolly Beach Resort

richmond
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hawksbill by Rex Resorts or Jolly Beach Resort

Which one is better to choose?

Is it worth it to give $1000 per person more for two weeks in Hawksbill then at Jolly Beach?

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawksbill by Rex Resorts or Jolly Beach Resort

Quite frankly NO !!

Regards

Mark.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawksbill by Rex Resorts or Jolly Beach Resort

I stayed at Jolly Beach about 5 years ago and the rooms were rough, but all in all it was a fun time. The food was good and the beach was good. They have two pools. I don't know if they have done renovations, I thought they were??

What exactly is it that you desire on a vacation? If you want more peace & tranquility, than maybe go to Hawksbill. Jolly Beach is probably more livelier.

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawksbill by Rex Resorts or Jolly Beach Resort

It depends on your personal preferences,.

If you want somewhere quiet, then Hawksbill.

If you're looking for activities, different restaurants and a richer all round experience, then Jolly.

Also depends on what rooms you're staying in - many people report that the super saver rooms are too small at Jolly, although I don't know which ones you'll be staying in!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawksbill by Rex Resorts or Jolly Beach Resort

I've stayed at JBR twice, once in a supersaver room, and once in a superior room. The difference was like night and day! I never upgrade my rooms, only did that time for my wedding & it was very worth the little extra money.

K P
Illinois
Level Contributor
652 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawksbill by Rex Resorts or Jolly Beach Resort

We stayed at Jolly Beach in 2010. I really did not like any part of it at all, except the lovely beach. Room was tiny, food was so so, a real pain to try to make reservations to eat at them. I personally would never go back.

Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawksbill by Rex Resorts or Jolly Beach Resort

croatia95

We have stayed at the Hawksbill Resort (2010 and the Jolly Beach (2014

Must say, personally, the Hawksbill.....though lovely.....is not worth paying that much extra for.

It was a quiet laid back vacation with 4 beaches, a small pool, good food and fun fellow travellers.

The Jolly Beach is a much larger property on a terrific beach with 2 pools, good food and a fun vibe.

Booked into a standard room and was not disappointed. Everything worked. Zero complaints.

Would not hesitate to return or recommend.

7. Re: Hawksbill by Rex Resorts or Jolly Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Bolans