We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swim Suit norm?

Which Bolans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Swim Suit norm?

My husband and I are going to Hermitage Bay in December and ofcourse I am looking for a few special items to bring since it will be just us. Are thong swim suits frowned upon at an adult only private resort?

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swim Suit norm?

Not sure about this, They would certainly not be the norm but I suppose it depends almost entirely on what you look like.

If you and your husband look like super model clones it would be OK but we've all seen the middle aged guy with the beer belly who thinks he looks great in Speedos. You don't really know whether to laugh or cry!

Houston, Texas...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swim Suit norm?

Ha ha ha no my hubby would not be in a thong just me. And although I am not a model I am very very fit and not at all ashamed to show it off.

Wallingford, CT
Level Contributor
153 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swim Suit norm?

It's not like a thong's going to take up much room in your suitcase... Bring some options along, and go with what's comfortable for you.

sussex
Level Contributor
479 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swim Suit norm?

No think you will need to leave it at home!!! Hermitage Bay is a upmarket resort!!

Houston, Texas...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swim Suit norm?

We have stayed many places in the carribean, also Fiji, and Tahiti. I actually called the resort and asked this afternoon. They said it wasn't a problem and there was a beach we could take the kayaks too for less clothing that is private if we wanted!!! So packing all the pretties and some normal ones too.

Houston, Texas...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swim Suit norm?

Would t be the first time guys we have nude beaches in Texas.

St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swim Suit norm?

Hermitage Bay is an upscale resort bring your thong and one with a little more coverage. The beach is a little on the private side but keep in mind all beaches in Antigua are open to all citizens, as we say the beach belongs to the people. So on that note you never know who could be strolling by.

Please don't stay locked up at the beach all day, there is much to do and see in Antigua. On Sunday you want to go up to Shirley Heights for the Sunday Lime (Lime is a party). Bring your camera. Go early and see the historic forts. The views are breath taking. If your in good shape as you mention try the zip lines through the rain forest. Try Le Bistro, it's an extremely good French restaurant.

Howell, New Jersey
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swim Suit norm?

they should do whatever they do to relax

Houston, Texas...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swim Suit norm?

I have bought a few things. We are going to experience the historical sites as well so it won't be the whole time on the beach. Things are coming and so are a few provacative suits as well. I am covered but minimally. I don't work this hard on myself all the time as a Zumba trainer to walk around in a one piece. Thanks everyone for your advice! <3

Houston, Texas...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swim Suit norm?

Plus after this 5 day stay we are heading to Tobago for 5 days to see the baths. Again I will get to reuse the suits :)

Get answers to your questions about Bolans