We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Pineapple Oceanview Rooms..?

Which Saint Philip hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Pineapple Oceanview Rooms..?

Hi All,

Can I ask if anyone can tell me a bit about the Oceanview Rooms at GPB??

I've just booked 14 nights from 24th November chose these over the Tropical Waterfront for budgetary reasons... Still hoping there isn't a MASSIVE difference :(..

Anyone mind shedding some light? Comfortable? Clean? Good water flow? Good view? How many steps/how far from resort/beach?

Really appreciate it!

TD

Fallston, MD
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Pineapple Oceanview Rooms..?

There are old oceanview rooms (Block P) and new rooms (Blocks I, J & K). The new rooms (circa 1999) are substantially larger than any other rooms at the resort. The 2nd and 3rd floors of the new rooms have commanding views of the beach and surrounding waters.

All rooms are kept clean and should have decent water pressure.

If you need the specific square footage and number of steps, I could do some research in my notes. My problem is finding the correct year that I took the notes!

If memory serves, there are over 70 steps from the Piano Bar up to the 3rd floor of Block I and an additional 4 to Blocks J & K.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
219 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Pineapple Oceanview Rooms..?

Hi

We go to the GPB on the 27th November and are staying in a beachfront room this time,last visit we stayed in an oceanview room in block K (room 933)which was on the 3rd floor,rooms are comfortable but don't spend much time in it,rooms are clean,never had problems with water flow,views are breathtaking.It can be a bit of a trek but we never found it to be a problem this was back in 2006 when we went last.

See you there

Tony

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Pineapple Oceanview Rooms..?

Perfect responses, thank you so much guys!

Sounds promising!

I will keep my fingers crossed that we get one of the new, I, J, or K rooms! If not, do you think I can ask to be moved?

So ideally I want 2nd or 3rd floor of the new blocks to guarantee the best views :)!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
219 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Pineapple Oceanview Rooms..?

Normally when booking we ask for a high floor hoping to get great views(plus nearer to Mary's in the oceanview as well :) ),we always wait to see what room is like and if unhappy ask to see other rooms if available they normally oblige depending on how full the hotel is as rooms can differ.

Fallston, MD
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Pineapple Oceanview Rooms..?

I concur with UKRemus.

Cheers,

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Pineapple Oceanview Rooms..?

Good tips guys, thanks so much! Credit to this community!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Pineapple Oceanview Rooms..?

Hi all

We will be arriving at the GP on Tuesday, 7th Sep and am getting a little worried about a recent review that as been posted. We are staying in an ocean view room and wanted to know if these have been refurbished? I have emailed the GP and asked for a nice room but haven't had a reply back yet.

I'm really worried about the comment made about the large gaps around the doors allowing the mozzie's to enter during the night and getting bitten whilst asleep.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Pineapple Oceanview Rooms..?

Yep, I too am really worried about the last 2 reviews! The pictures taken clearly show the dilapidated condition of the rooms there and how far this hotel may really be from 4 stars.

I also tried contacting the hotel to find out when the refurbishment work is scheduled to complete as there is no way in hell I'm staying at a £1k p/w hotel that is in the middle of refurbishment.

Quite disappointed really and thinking of cutting my losses and cancelling while only having put down the deposit so far.

Would be nice of the hotel actually responded. Backward mofos.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Pineapple Oceanview Rooms..?

I am with you both - I was also really uneasy about the recent reviews! We are staying in a beachfront and now are thinking between the possibly dilapidated rooms and the noise from the refurbs will this be the best place for us? Add to it we are bringing our 1 year old so he will need day time naps.....if there is too much noise...oh I hope it is simply someone with ridiculously high expectations!

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Pineapple Oceanview Rooms..?

Carib and dynamix - I too was worried about Drplanecrazy review - I sent him a message. Basically the photos relate to Garden or standard rooms. He said the Beachwater front rooms were a lot better and had been refurbed - there appears to be refurb going on but he thought it would be finished by November (his opinion)

I have been to the caribbean loads of times and am comfortable with what to expect. This hotel looks and sounds like an English 3 star standard - which is what I expect.

Send me a personal message and I'll send you an email address for the hotel - I got a reply after 24 hrs.

Get answers to your questions about Saint Philip