We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verandah ( Ocean View )

Punta49
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Verandah ( Ocean View )

Good afternoon,

Does anyone know which room number is the best location

at the Verandah Resort . We are going to be there for 2 weeks.

We booked an ocean view.

Is it better closer to the restaurant or. ....

Thank You foy your time.

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verandah ( Ocean View )

I am a bit sorry you booked there at all---------you do not say when you are going but the resort is the subject of several lawsuits and whether or not it will be open in the future is anyone's guess. There is the possibility/likelihood it will be shut down by the Antiguan government because of its ecological violations. (It is not a "green" resort and it's status with Green Globe is under review).

That being said, all the rooms are pretty much the same.....if it was me I'd go for the cheapest. If you have problems getting around then yes closest to the restaurant is best because many rooms are a long walk.

Highland Village...
Level Contributor
210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verandah ( Ocean View )

Hi, we stayed at the Verandah when it first opened and thought it was a good value for the price at the time (I think it is somewhat more expensive now). I can't give you actual room numbers, but I would definitely request a room close to the main beach/main restaurant complex -- we had the first oceanfront room next to the beach and it was a very convenient location -- easy to go back and forth to your room, grab a bite or a drink. As mentioned previously the resort is very spread out and you could find yourself doing a lot of walking otherwise.

Punta49
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Verandah ( Ocean View )

Good evening,

Thank you for the info. I will be arriving next Sunday Jan. 23.

Can you tell me where a could get more info on the resort concerning

possibility / likelihood it will be shut down by the Antiguan government.

Since i am leaving very soon for the resort.

Thank You for your time Cessnapilot

Punta49
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Verandah ( Ocean View )

Thank You for the Info

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Verandah ( Ocean View )

Oh, you needn't worry----lawsuits around here take a dozen years (e.g., Half Moon Bay).

If you are coming soon you have nothing to worry about.

Highland Village...
Level Contributor
210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Verandah ( Ocean View )

Hi, I know there are eco concerns about the resort but I don't think they are shutting it at any moment so don't worry. Anyway, if anything happened with Verandah I bet Elite Island Resorts, which manages the property, would put you at St. James Club, another one of their properties on Antigua, and I think that would actually be a bonus! Have a wonderful trip!

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Verandah ( Ocean View )

IMPORTANT: FROM THE VERANDAH

Dear Guests & Visitors,

Please know that the information being posted by "cessnapilot" regarding The Verandah Resort & Spa is FALSE.

For several years now, "cessnapilot" has been on a very unfair and blatantly fraudulent crusade to damage the resort's reputation. We have no idea who "cessnapilot" is, or why she has a vendetta against The Verandah.

The Verandah is NOT being sued, there are no lawsuits, and the resort's environmental certifications are NOT under review.

The fact is that The Verandah is, without question, the most environmentally friendly designed resort in Antigua.

The Verandah is extremely popular with its guests, and has a well-deserved reputation of being a beautiful, friendly, enjoyable place for a terrific Caribbean holiday.

The resort provides much-needed employment for several hundred people, in addition to supporting collateral industries in Antigua. The resort also provides the island with much-needed tax revenue, opportunities for young people, and international promotion of Antigua as a top Caribbean travel destination.

We have written to "cessnapilot" in an effort to find out what her problem is, but she has not given us the courtesy of a response. Rather, she continues to take anonymous pot shots at the resort. This leads us to believe that she has some type of interest in another property or business interest in Antigua, and only feels she can compete...or get her point across...by damaging the reputation of other well-respected business.

Once again, we invite "cessnapilot" to write to us directly with any concerns she (or he) may have, but I doubt she will come forward because of the continuous false information she insists on posting.

Sincerely,

The Management Team

The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua

london
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Verandah ( Ocean View )

I am glad that someone from the Verandah or their agents has finally taken the time to defend themselves against this campaign against their hotel. The forum of Trip Advisor should not be used to pursue a what is clearly a personal issue.

I stayed at the Verandah last Feb, and am returning this Feb as I enjoyed it so much. I have been holidaying in the Caribbean for the past twenty years, and it is the first time I have returned to the same hotel two years running. I have followed the comments against the hotel, with much amusement as they are clearly not based on fact only fantasy. Unfortunately, not only has campaign against the hotel been maintained this week it has escalated into attacking another destination expert and their business. Much of the basis seems to on an eco basis, however the author describes how she is a private pilot ! How eco friendly is that ! . This just underlines the sheer hypocrisy of the posts.

I am hoping that Trip Advisor will remove the said persons status as destination expert.

9. Re: Verandah ( Ocean View )

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 January 2011, 22:05
10. Re: Verandah ( Ocean View )

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 January 2011, 11:35
Get answers to your questions about Saint Philips