We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gift Shop Grand Pineapple Beach

Which Saint Philip hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brampton
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Gift Shop Grand Pineapple Beach

Is there a gift shop or any shops at the Grand Pineapple and what do they sell?

MILTON KEYNES
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gift Shop Grand Pineapple Beach

Yes there is a shop called the Trading Post. Its not very big but they have all the necessities for your holiday. We bought bottled water from there as well as an adaptor as I had taken the wrong one from the UK. They had swimsuits, flip flops. suncream. mosquito spray, some confectionery, cakes, hot sauce, newspapers as well as gifts etc. I bought a lovely bag there though stuff is not cheap. You dont pay for anything until you book out.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gift Shop Grand Pineapple Beach

Geris - Don't buy the bottled water from the shop - you can get it free at Mary's outhouse. You then get the bottled refiiled at the bar or beach bar.

The tap water is perfectly safe to drink.

As stated the shop is alittle pricey so it may well be worth getting gifts from St Johns (if you decide to go) or for trinket type gifts have alook at the shacks just beyond the watersports area (30 mtres away from main beach area)

Equally - the beach vendors are freindly and you can barter your price - my wife bought a lovely bead necklace that wa reasonably priced.

Hope this helps

Edited: 20 March 2011, 10:33
Antigua
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gift Shop Grand Pineapple Beach

I advise you to dine at La Tartaruga restaurant on Long Bay, on the same beach of the Grand Pineapple resort... Fresh lobster and fish.. delicious!

Enjoy Antigua!

Brampton
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gift Shop Grand Pineapple Beach

|Thanks for the info. We are planning a day trip into Saint John either organized or on our own. What do you recommend.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gift Shop Grand Pineapple Beach

Geris - For a reasonably priced meal with great food, wine, drinks and service I would recommend Hemigways in St Johns..when we return to Antigua we will definitely be going.

Antigua
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gift Shop Grand Pineapple Beach

On St. John there is a new restaurant called Cafe Bambula, very nice!

7. Re: Gift Shop Grand Pineapple Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Saint Philip