We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Verandah Resort & Spa/ Waterview suites

Which Saint Philip hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
3 posts
Save Topic
The Verandah Resort & Spa/ Waterview suites

Hello, will someone please tell me which 200's room is the best room to have ocean view? It might be available so if you could give me several numbers that would be much appreciate it. I understand that waterfront suites are the best view. Also I don't need someone to tell me don't go to the Verandah or how sorry you are. Thank you in advance!

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Verandah Resort & Spa/ Waterview suites

We had 226 - the view from it was just trees then the water, no other villas in front. I would imagine about 225 to 230-ish were about the same view.

Hope that helps and that you have as good a time as we did there.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
101 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Verandah Resort & Spa/ Waterview suites

Hello!..We had a waterview room-221,it was one row back from the water front rooms-which have unrestricted views of the sea.However,we were delighted with our room-some banana/palm trees in front of us-but still fabulous views of the sea and cove-no problems atall.I think that if you have any questions-do e-mail the staff at the Verandah,they'll do their best to help!

Good luck!

Kingston upon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Verandah Resort & Spa/ Waterview suites

Hi, We had 223, potentially great view but completely covered in by palm leaves! Loved the privacy (and it would be wrong to cut the trees down!) but really couldn't see much at all! Hope that helps.

Herts
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Verandah Resort & Spa/ Waterview suites

Hi Chiharuhh,

I was also going to ask the same questions.

I am assuming thwt waterfront are on the fedge and waterview are the ones behind?

Also are they all in chalets of 2?

thanks

Karlie xx

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Verandah Resort & Spa/ Waterview suites

Because none of the waterfront rooms have actual beachfront access (they are perched on a steep cliff), I'd go with whatever best deal you can get.

It might be helpful to look at the resort on GoogleEarth------you will be able to see that the rooms one row back have pretty much the same view as the waterfront rooms, so if they are cheaper that's the way to go.

Herts
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Verandah Resort & Spa/ Waterview suites

Thats great cessnapilot, thanks for your feedback. I will do this today.

I'll let the other half know there is no access to the beach also.

Karlie xx

Herts
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Verandah Resort & Spa/ Waterview suites

Well... we have been back nearly a week... and NewMaldenMum72 we were also given room 223 and we asked to move for a like for like (they had 48% occupancy whilst there) and were told we could pay 50 USD to upgrade to a waterfront! No budging, no moving for a like for like!

We became friends with the people in the next room to us and their rom was amazing, even the people in the hillside behind us had a better view than we did.

In my eyes it dented our honeymoon slightly but still had an amazing time and would go again. However will ask for a pool room next time as they still had fab views! xx

Baltimore, Maryland
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Verandah Resort & Spa/ Waterview suites

Hello Krimist, slightlyagedp, NewMuldenMum7, Karlie1976, cessnapilot, thank you all for responds, I'm sorry I haven't respond sooner with school, work and life it has been chaos last few months. I read all of your advices and my husband and I are going to study with their room map and google earth maps. Again thank you all very much!!

Herts
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The Verandah Resort & Spa/ Waterview suites

I would definately study it, if low season can get a cottage round the pool.

Enjoy, cant wait to hear about it when you get back xx

Edited: 03 November 2011, 22:55
10. Re: The Verandah Resort & Spa/ Waterview suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2012, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Saint Philip