We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antigua in January!

Which Saint Philip hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Antigua in January!

Looking to visit Antigua on the 9th January for a week and wanted to ask if anyone has been this sort of time before what's the weather like and is the sea choppy (was a little concerned as we were looking to stay at the Verandah and that it is on the atlantic side) any info would be great, taking our 3 yr old so a calm clear sea would be best.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antigua in January!

January is lovely - and very different to where you're coming from!

The Verandah is situated in a very protected bay, and is almost always very, very calm indeed.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Antigua in January!

That's great to hear thank you for the reply!

Toronto
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antigua in January!

I was wondering the same thing - arriving Jan 12, also with our 3 year old son :) I guess we'll see you there!

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Antigua in January!

Does anyone know what kinds of local fruits are available in Antigua around January?

England
Level Contributor
773 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antigua in January!

The only local fruit I have seen are pineapples and bananas. I may be wrong, but I believe everything else is imported.

UK
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Antigua in January!

Citrus fruit in winter, unlikely to find any mangos, but papayas grow most of the year round as do bananas. Apples etc are imported from the US.

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Antigua in January!

@Morris,

Depends on where you go. There are lots of local fruits but many you won't be able to find in major supermarkets. The best place, I suppose, would be the vegetable market in town. Try some fresh cut cane if you can get some. or real coconut water. There are lots of fruits that would be growing now - such as dumps, gooseberries, etc but they may be difficult to source as many people don't sell these fruits but they're usually eaten on a backyard basis

8. Re: Antigua in January!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Saint Philip