We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in Sesriem Camp?

Maputo, Mozambique
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant in Sesriem Camp?

Is there one? We are only camping for two nights and I don't think I'm up dragging all the cooking gear with me. Do the campsites have braai setups?

Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in Sesriem Camp?

I am pretty sure the camp does not have a restaurant only a shop and petrol station. Not sure of the braai grids at the campsites as we didn't actually stay there.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in Sesriem Camp?

Each campsite has its own fire area, some of which have grids over. Bit hit and miss whether you get one or not. There are now lights and electric too.

Sesriem Campsite has a bar area which serves food, bar snacks etc.

There is a shop but the Engen garage just outside is better stocked.

Gemma Dry - Discover Namibia Safaris

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in Sesriem Camp?

Isn't there a restaurant too at Engen? We just got gas but I think I saw some tables and chairs outside?

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant in Sesriem Camp?

They have tables and chairs outside and sell hot and cold snacks at the garage. They make quite yummy brotchen.

Maputo, Mozambique
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant in Sesriem Camp?

Is the garage in the camp then? Is the bar food sufficient for dinner if we're not picky?

Thanks!

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant in Sesriem Camp?

No, the gargage is outside, if you're like we are you'll survive for 2 days on the food you can get there, if you're one of the persons that needs a 3 course dinner every night I doubt that that is served there.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant in Sesriem Camp?

You can get snacks etc from the bar area inside the camp, nothing gourmet, just normally snacky things like toasted sandwiches. You get similar at the Engen garage which is outside the camp.

We have in the past had clients that didn't want to cook but were camping at Sesriem and we made an arrangement for them to have the dinner buffet at Sossusvlei Lodge which is just outside the gates, so you could always contact Sossusvlei Lodge and see if they would be able to accommodate you for that.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant in Sesriem Camp?

The food at the bar restaurant is perfectly fine. You won't starve...it is your normal bar foody type burger & chips etc.

Aberdeen, UK
Level Contributor
256 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant in Sesriem Camp?

Yes you will get food at the camp bar.

We took cooking stuff and there are fire puts everywhere but It is very hot here so food does not keep for long and usually we found the meat/eggs we bought went off so we lived off tinned hot dogs and rice etc when camping.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant in Sesriem Camp?

Go to the little Sossusclei lodge and camping, 35 km down the road, they have a good restaurant at the lodge. Just stay they camping.

Get answers to your questions about Sossusvlei