We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat

Which Puntagorda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bedford
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat

going to san miguel de abona in august 2011. Are there many local restaurants or bars? not looking for nightlife just quietish place for evening meals.

8 replies to this topic
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,818 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat

Hi David

Welcome to the forum, could I just clarify where you are staying. Recently there have been name changes concerning San Miguel (see this link tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k43… ).

I also see you have posted under El Roque. I know two people who live there (it is about 8km from where I live) and is a tiny village up in the mountains. I can´t think of any restaurants within walking distance so would recommend a car to go into San Miguel (town) or Valle San Lorenzo also if you wish to go to the beach, attractions etc. they are about 15-16km

As you can see you could be in a few places LOL, hence the need for clarification.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Bedford
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat

Hi, thanks for your swift reply. we are going to stay at Casa de los Almendros 55 Calle la degolada, el roque san miguel de abona 38629. We will have a car. hope this helps thanks davdi

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,818 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat

I would suggest therefore you have a look here …wordpress.com/food-for-thought-recommendati… particularly at the places in Valle San Lorenzo, La Camella, Cabo Blanco and Buzanada. You should also try the Mirador de la Centinela and the Mirador de Jama (Mirador means view) and the views from these two are spectacular. There is also in San Miguel a very Canarian restaurant called Rincon Chasnero but make sure you have small euro notes, 4 of us had a meal there and offered a €50 and the owner had to leave the restaurant and go to his neighbour for change. LOL

Bedford
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat

Thanks for that, will take "little" notes! Lots of places not too far away, great! 4 months to go but not that we are counting...Lol

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,818 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat

Hi David

My friend who lives in El Roques has been this afternoon, she said a restaurant within walking distance from you had just changed hands and has 2 x 5 star chefs. It is called El Rincon de Patri - her and her OH have had a meal there which she said was excellent - approx €30 for 2 people including wine. She has also been just for a drink, they sell wine from the north of the island for €0.90 a glass

It is getting very popular with locals and the likes of me who cannot wait to try it. Reservations 922 167 022 or 655 130 641 - Closed Wednesdays,

Bedford
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat

Thanks for that,I'll add to the list

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,818 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat

David,

Just to say we ate at El Rincon on Saturday and the meal was excellent. 3 people, 2 courses each plus 1 dessert, 2 drinks each and coffees and barraquitos to finish. €55 and our free copitas choice of schnapps, Baileys, Amaretto. I will be doing a review with photos so keep an eye on my blog. Thank you for making me think about this one as I really thought there was nothing in the village.

Bedford
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to eat

Hi, We went to El Rincon during our holiday and loved it (especially the local red!) Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated DavdiBedford

Reply to: Places to eat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puntagorda