We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport validity

Blighty
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Passport validity

I am travelling to Cape Verde for 2 week hols mid-July. My passport expires November 2012 so I have over 4 months left but not the usual 6 months validity. Can't get any sense from Portuguese Embassy or Thomson. I am guessing, as I am traveling in Europe, there will be no issue as I'm not keen to renew now as may not go abroad for a few years.

Cheers.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
131 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport validity

Hi

Cape verde is Africa not Europe so I am guessing you need 6 months check with uk passport office or cape verde embassy

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport validity

Hi Hardwine

The FCO website says your passport must be valid for at least six months from your date of entry to Cape Verde.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport validity

Hi,

Personally Would never risk it. No matter what anyone says. As I know you would feel terrible if you were refused entry.

Pam

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport validity

Can I ask what happened in the end? Am in similar dilema

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passport validity

Hi i was in a similler position ie,i just returned from st lucia.whilst there i had 6 months and 5 days left on my passport.On arrival at check in the passport checker said to me,boy are you lucky which i took to mean that if i didnt have 6 months left i wouldnt be allowed to fly.My advice get it renewed,funny as this seems i have just this minute gone onto the passport web site and flilled my renewal form in.Its very easy and not complicated,the fee is £72:50 plus £3:00 for a secure return ie recorded delivery

Mags.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,454 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Passport validity

Brigid, get your passport renewed. The airline may refuse you, as they get fined if they let people travel with incorrect documentation. Any remaining time left on your passport, up to 9 months, will be added onto your new one.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Passport validity

Thanks folks, appointment has been made for emergency renewal!

8. Re: Passport validity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about Sal Rei
Recent Conversations