We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BLBR Honeymoon package?

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
BLBR Honeymoon package?

I'm thinking of booking the Island indulgence package at BLBR, and wondered if anyone has done this or the other package on offer?

The place looks amazing and within budget. What's the catch, is it swarming with backpackers? :)

Thanks

Sarah

5 replies to this topic
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BLBR Honeymoon package?

No Sarah - definitely not swarming with backpackers. They do have a dorm but in my several trips there have never been bothered by them - no wild behaviour that I've seen and a very small proportion of total guests. It's a great place, very beautiful, you won't regret it. We've met several honeymooningr couples there and they have all praised it.

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BLBR Honeymoon package?

Thanks Marilyn, that's helpful :)

We are hoping to go in March/ April next year, so hoping for good weather.

I see you are a destination expert for the yasawas, so i assume you've used the yasawa flyer. Is it worth paying the extra for the captain's lunge passes? The honeymoon package at BLBR includes this, but we're wondering whether it's worth it. Part of me says yes to save on the hassle of booking these things myself.

Thanks

Sarah

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BLBR Honeymoon package?

We use the Flyer each year, but never the Captains Lounge - I personally don't think it's worth the extra cost, but others on this forum do think so. No matter what you decide, BLBR can book the Flyer for you - just tell them whether you want the Captains Lounge or not. We usually find ourselves seats in the lower lounge out of the sun, you can always move around to the outside seats if you want. don't be tempted to sit outside on the open seats for the whole trip, have seen people horribly burnt after doing that!

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BLBR Honeymoon package?

Ok thanks. Silly question, where do you put your suitcase on the boat?? :)

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BLBR Honeymoon package?

When you get to the port they will take your case and label it for BLBR. It goes in the luggage racks, when you are about to get off you will be asked to identify your case and they will load it onto the transfer boat. So all you need to carry with you is your hand luggage.

Reply to: BLBR Honeymoon package?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted