We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any scuba diving around Tobago?

Florida
Level Contributor
422 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Any scuba diving around Tobago?

Is there any scuba diving around Tobago? If yes, how would you rate it? Any other activities on the island? Is this island predominately muslim?

thanks-

7 replies to this topic
Surrey
Destination Expert
for Tobago
Level Contributor
532 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any scuba diving around Tobago?

There are plenty of highly rated dive sites around Tobago!

There is a lot of information about diving/snorkeling on www.mytobago.info

Why are you asking about Muslims?

Tobago is a former British colony in the West Indies and as such is predominantly "Christian". Methodists. Baptists, Presbyterians, Roman Catholic, & 7th Day Adventists etc etc

There is a large well established community from the Indian sub continent and a smaller Chinese community most who have been on the island for over 150 years. Sikh, Hindu and Muslim, Buddhist etc.

So there are churches, chapels and temples for all denominations!

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any scuba diving around Tobago?

Yes- good

No.

Tobago
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Any scuba diving around Tobago?

Try googling 'Tobago'

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Any scuba diving around Tobago?

The best place (I think) in Tobago to dive is with divetobago.com. The guide Johnny was funny but above all, very serious about safety. And not just saying, but doing it. The dives were very nice and comfortabel.

Ask for Johnny!

Tobago
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Any scuba diving around Tobago?

divetobago.com aka Scuba adventure safari is no longer in business and it's owner Jonny has been struck off by PADI.

Suggest anyone looking for diving takes a look at the dive operator review on www.mytobago.info

Trinidad
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any scuba diving around Tobago?

Hi flgafl1,

GinandtonicSurrey as well as Tobago4real have provided you with great information.

A good company to check out for your suba-diving needs is Cocomotion in Tobago located at 44 Andwele Road, Lowlands,Tobago - (868)639-2449

They also do snokeling and Private charters...Ask for Rachel or Marlon. They accept traveller's Cheques, Euro/Uk/US Cash at the current rate.

They are very experienced and know the waters over in Tobago like the back of their hands.

Enjoy.

London, England
Level Contributor
415 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any scuba diving around Tobago?

I am very much looking forward to my trip there in April and am going specifically for the diving (don't really care what religion people practice lol).

I will be staing in Crown Point area and diving with R&Sea divers who were recommended both by my friend (who worked there a few years ago) and also by the travel company. They have a very good reputation and I can't wait to get out there and dive. The my tobago page mentioned can give you plenty of info and if you google Tobago dive sites you will also find plenty of info on sites, difficulty level and what you may encounter on your dives.

Edited: 17 February 2013, 11:49
Reply to: Any scuba diving around Tobago?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bacolet Bay
Recent Conversations
More Bacolet Bay Topics