We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lykos bay accomodation

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
lykos bay accomodation

Do any of Crete fans know diference beetven two tavernas in Lykos beach, Akrogiali and Small paradise.We like Suth Crete wery much, but in Loutro is too much blefing

hotels, for us.

TNX Bot,Ljubljana

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,648 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lykos bay accomodation

I'm not sure what "blefing" is, but if you mean that Loutro is now rather busier than you like, I agree.:-)

As for Lykos, I am biased, because the people who own and run Small Paradise are good friends, so I recommend them wholeheartedly. The food is excellent, and the accommodation very nice. I'm sure Akrogiali is nice too, though.

And so is the Old Phoenix, in Finix - I don't know whether you've considered it? It's just as quiet as Lykos, the beach and swimming are better, and it can be an advantage to be closer to Loutro in case you need to do any shopping.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lykos bay accomodation

I know this reply is late, but I have just returned from travelling around Crete's south coast. I have stayed at the Akrogiali taverna a few times. It is a family run place, and the family are very friendly and welcoming. The food is good. They have a number of new rooms there, with air con and big balconeys for you. I always stay in their older rooms above the taverna, just a preference I have. There is a pebbly beach there, and the fish life should make snorkling interesting for you. There is also another small taverna/rooms just opening along the bach. It was Georges old place. He sadly died, but his nephew has refurbed the building. I have only stayed at Akrogiali, so I can't help you with other places there, although I have heard good reports of all the places there.

Finally, what is blefing?

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,648 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lykos bay accomodation

> Finally, what is blefing?<

Maybe bot will return and tell us! I've just noticed, though, since your post bumped up the thread, that "blefing" modified "hotels", which had jumped to the next line.

If it's what I suspect it is, I'm not sure I want to know. :-)

Edited: 07 October 2013, 13:44
Loutro, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: lykos bay accomodation

thanks alot my deare friend!!!!!!!!!!i am very very happy you are happy at my place and i hope soon i see you again!!!!!!!!!!!your friend always from akrogiali pavlos

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lykos bay accomodation

just jumping in here, which is the best bay for snorkeling? Or is there not much difference on what there is to see?

Agii Apostoli...
Level Contributor
996 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lykos bay accomodation

You can snorkel almost anywhere in south Crete, and everywhere is good, because its rocky and fish like to search for food and hide in them.

7. Re: lykos bay accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2015, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Loutro
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor