We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help me decide please x:)

Richmond,surrey
Level Contributor
116 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
help me decide please x:)

Im stuck to were to book for 2014...

Me and my partner have been to Paxos which we loved,Symi which again we loved and Halki..

We are going to Alonissos this year 2013 and cant wait but i really cant decide where to go next...

I have been looking at skopelos and lesvos and like the look of both-if you could help me decide i would be so grateful....Any other islands you feel are worth going to also...

We like the non partying islands but still with a good evening buzz but not quite a quite as Halki

Thank you all x:)

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,983 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help me decide please x:)

Have answered on your Greece forum post. Suggest you ask for the duplicates to be removed, to keep all the responses on one thread. When you decide which island to choose you could then start a new topic for more information

Richmond,surrey
Level Contributor
116 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help me decide please x:)

thankyou but it wont let me delete :(

Edited: 12 June 2013, 10:23
South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,983 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help me decide please x:)

If you hit the "Report" button it should give you a drop down list, scroll down to find "remove my post".

Anyway - better to ask a question three times than not at all!!

Edited: 12 June 2013, 11:05
England
Level Contributor
129 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help me decide please x:)

We have been to Paxos many times and liked it very much- we have also visited skopelos and Lesvos - along with quite a few other islands. On Lesvos we were based in Sigri and we loved it. Small but enough to keep us busy and easy to drive around the island - not much on the road. In fact in many ways Lesvos would be our first choice to go back to but flights tend to be expensive. We stayed in Skopelos town twice in houses we rented. It is a little more commercial than some islands but has a great choice of restaurants. We honestly thought Alonissos a little sterile in comparison to other islands but you will always find, as we have done, places to enjoy. Skopelos was perhaps a little dearer than other islands since Mama Mia hit our screens and alerted more people to the presence of Skopelos. There are lots of quiet bars around in skopelos, fewer in Sigri. On Lesvos there are a number small resorts like Petra, and Anaxos that seem lively without being brash. Molyvos was a nice little town with quite a lot going on and I think a fair balance of things to do. Last year we were in Andros and Syros - both worth a visit. Also Tinos and Aegina - we tend to stay in the port as we are not beach people. We liked Aegina town very much. Tinos is a major religious site for the Orthodox and so there are hundreds and hundreds of pilgrims there at any given time which means a fair number of restaurants and hotels to choose from. So .... Skopelos is pretty and is fun but I would opt for Lesvos if you hire and car and are prepared to drive round the island.

Pokeno, New Zealand
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help me decide please x:)

Hav you decided yet? I am going to Skopelos in a weeks time. I have also done Lesvos x2 , Thassos x2, Paxos, Naxos and Kefalonia x 10. iithaka. Hence to say love Kefalonia but change in past 10 years becoming too touristy like to get away from Brits. Scala, Fiskardo and Assos are the best. Decided to try Skopelos we have a Villa as looks busy for me in the town, but will let you know..

cheshire england
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: help me decide please x:)

skopelos beautifull island ,lovely people who are really gratefull for your chosing their island,skopelos town wonderfully ,explore the cobbled streets,visit the church (much nicer then the "Mamma Mia" and not as many seps to climb)go to the village of Glossa ,on the bus if your my age,watch out for the incredible view and hairpin bends on the way down,visit all the variety of beaches,buy shoes for walking into the crystal clear sea on the pebble beaches, Skopelos I could talk all day !!

Clacton on Sea
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help me decide please x:)

We're just deciding on whether or not to go to Skopelos next month so I'm looking at this forum as usual to try to help me decide.

We stayed at Molyvos on Lesvos a couple of years ago and we absolutely loved it. It's so unspoilt and we thought it was definitely the best resort on the island. The only thing that I was a little disappointed in was the beach / sea. Because it's rocky you don't get that beautiful turqoise blue colour, more like the North Sea we've got at home in Essex! On other resorts on the island it was quite different. We stayed at the Amfitriti hotel and loved it, had a fabulous view of the castle at night from our tiny balcony. It was all so unspoilt and sitting at the little open air cinema watching Avatar with bats flying in front of the concrete screen was something I'll never forget.

I'm sure if you go you'll love it

Happy holidays!

Melanie

8. Re: help me decide please x:)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Skopelos Town