We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hi

We are traveling from Australia and we are lookingw to stay on Koh samui and wanting advice as to where to stay in Koh samui - end June so keen to stay some where where the beach is flat.

We are a family of 5

Chawang or Lai ma, maenam or booput?

Chilled, bungalows, 3.5 star and up

Thanks so much for feedback

Toni

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Hi

Generally in June the beach all are flat. check out Choengmon and south chaweng beach. These beaches are beautiful, powdery soft sand easy walk to restaurants both on beach and on the main road.

For accoms check It out here www.sawadee.com/hotel/kohsamui perhaps make short listed and we will help you narrow it down.

Cheers,

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,423 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Chawang or Lai ma, maenam or boput?

A] I would opt for Chaweng. Lamai is similar, Bophut is quieter but not so nice beach, Maenam is a much quieter area.

Chilled, bungalows, 3.5 star and up

A] Just too many to mention, as well as sawadee, I also use hotelscombined.com to see what hotels match your actual budget!

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

Hi

Thanks for your response

Would love our feed back about samui paradise resort and spa or something equivilent..

Thanks so much

Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

Grand Thai House Resort, is nice, we just stay here at moment. And we are happy.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
534 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

We stayed at the Briza last May, it was lovely and the beach and sea were nice and calm. We booked through Chaweng.

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

Hi sweet pea6468

I would really appreciate it if you could help me in relation to Chawang and where to stay in end June 2014.

We are a family of 5 - with 3 kids under 10.

We thought about staying South Chawang because its not as busy as central Chawang is probably busier than south Chawang. Is that correct?

I liked the look of Samui paradise resort and spa - but wondering if you can suggest something on the beach, nice hotel, kid friendly but not necessarily full of kids or dont have to have a kids club.

Would appreciate your help

regards

toni

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay?

Most hotels are kids friendly. Samui paradise located at the tip end of south chaweng beach. The hotel on the same stretch of beach as Samui paradise ..

Samui resotel

Chaweng cove resotel

Baan Talay

Banana fan sea resort

Centara grand beach

Cheers,

8. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Lamai Beach
Recent Conversations