We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using pools from nearby hotels

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Using pools from nearby hotels

Hi all,

Myself and my boyfriend are staying in Lamai for 10 nights from 23rd July onwards. We both love the beach but are wondering whether any hotels nearby will allow you to use their pool for a fee/buying food or drinks? Anywhere that could be recommended that isn't extortionate would be great as we are on a rather tight budget.

Many thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Lamai Beach
Lamai Beach
Maret, Thailand
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,582 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using pools from nearby hotels

Hi

to be honest most won't unless they have beach club. Whilst buying a meal there might, from experience it won't guarantee it, as I have seen some very unhappy ladies who thought that buying an expensive meal gave them the rights to use the pool . . .

does your hotel not have a pool?

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using pools from nearby hotels

I agree with TM, some do but most do not. laces like Nikki Beach and Beach Republic you are able to do this but they are pretty expensive.

As a paying guest in a hotel with a pool I would not be really happy to have the pool chairs taken by people who were not from the resort. I am not trying to be mean but why pay for a more expensive hotel if anyone can come in and use it for a small fee? It is probably a matter of asking at individual resorts to see if they will allow it but don't be surprised if the answer is no.

Mentioned in this post
Nikki Beach Resort & Spa
Nikki Beach Resort & Spa
591 Reviews
Lipa Noi, Thailand
Manchester
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using pools from nearby hotels

I'm sure you will have a fabulous time in Ko Samui no matter what hotel that you stay at with your boyfriend.The place looks amazing and seems great value for money also!

Mentioned in this post
Ko Samui
Ko Samui
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using pools from nearby hotels

The hotel we stayed at in Chaweng this year rented beach chairs for 100 baht. It was good for our hotel to boost business in the low season and create a bit of vibe at a usually very quiet hotel. I had no issue with that.

However some of the "renters" seemed to think it gave them the right to take over the place and even bring their own music and use the hotel as if they were a full paying guest.

If you do rent a chair or have food/drink and get the use, please respect any paying guests as the hotel is there home away from home and they are paying a decent price for it.

Good luck. Sorry I cannot help with Lamai area.

Mentioned in this post
Chaweng
Chaweng
Bophut, Thailand
Lamai Beach
Lamai Beach
Maret, Thailand
5. Re: Using pools from nearby hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Lamai Beach
Recent Conversations