We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zulu Nyala Safari

philadelphia
Level Contributor
68 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Zulu Nyala Safari

we are going on a photo safari -never been to Africa so any comments will be appreciated ! What vaccines etc are necessary ?????I read the best time to go is between May and September

Thanks!

Washington DC
Level Contributor
35 posts
543 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zulu Nyala Safari

Hi,

We;re going on the same trip this coming July. If you stay within South Africa, no vaccines are necessary. I'd make sure you're up to date on TDaP (tetanus, diptheria and pertussis) and you can bring anti-malarials, but neither are required. Should you want to visit Vic Falls you'll be required to have a yellow fever vaccine to re-enter South Africa (we're flying in and out of Johannesburg for our international flights)

Good Luck!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zulu Nyala Safari

Hello and the best advise for travelling in Zululand is check with your doctor to see what they recommend. It is a low risk malaria area. I visit at least once a year and have opted to no longer take anti malaria tablets, but please take medical advise. The months you mention, winter in KZN, are best for photography as its mainly warm and dry with clear blue sky and good light. The bush is also dry with some trees loosing their leaves and grass very low in growth. I was at Tembe in the north east of the province a couple of years in June and there was a photographic course starting the day I left. The area around Zulu Nyala is stunning with game reserves and the huge Indian Ocean beaches. Loads to do and see!

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

West Tisbury...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zulu Nyala Safari

Hey, we'll be going in July too! When are you headed there?!

4. Re: Zulu Nyala Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2017, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Zululand