We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skinny dipping

Which Es Calo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glos
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Skinny dipping

I seen some pictures of people tanning nude and swimming near what look like boat houses, slip ways. Mr P said, "that he cannot see that being tolerated so near to the buildings/port"

I'm always keen to top up my tan wherever I'am. Can I really tan and swim nude or has that been stopped

Please reply

Mrs P

21 replies to this topic
London, England
Level Contributor
7,985 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skinny dipping

Nude sunbathing is not illegal in Spain and they have lots of designated beaches.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
646 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skinny dipping

Thinks it's ok on Formentera except at Es Pujols and in front of some of the bigger hotels.

When it was mostly German visiting it was wide spread, but many Italians now visit and they in general do not.

Glos
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skinny dipping

Thank you Joe for the groceries shopping info. We thought as much.

With regards to Mrs P tan and Skinny dipping at Es Calo, I don't want to sound like a know it all so I will pass on your advice with caution.

I had commented before that the island is not as Au Natural as it used to be judging from Dave L wonderfully photos. Oh well some good news and some bad (if you like the all over tan, that is)

Off tomorrow, so will know soon

Thanks again

B

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Skinny dipping

Outside of the peak season i think you will find plenty of opportunities to bare all. Early June is sufficiently ahead of the Italian season that their influence should not be felt. Levante, Es Calo, Migjorn etc should meet your requirements

Glos
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skinny dipping

Thank you, thank you Over-allTan

That 2-1 to Me. I cannot wait to tell him in doors. I won't be silly about this but if I go before the crowds.

I don't think there will be a problem.

Thanks again Mrs P

Chelt

East Anglia
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Skinny dipping

I was last at EsCalo in June 2013, when people were openly sunbathing and swimming nude in the harbour.

See http://www.pbase.com/davel/image/150728379.

Although things have changed over the years at Es Calo - particularly when Miguel and Maria's beach bar was renamed Amore and became Italian owned, old habits die hard.

DaveL

Glos
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skinny dipping

Having witnessed it for myself I'm now a believer.

However there are plenty of places I say that are not in your face. The thing is nobody cares and it's up to you.

In my experience I seen mothers and their kids and a couple of snorkellers. A beautiful place to visit and nobody cares what you do.

Oxford, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Skinny dipping

Where's a good hotel or hostal in Formentera where clothes needn't be worn? Or, if required in the hotel, where you can be naked outside?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skinny dipping

I'm not aware of any hotels or hostels where nudity is allowed in the hotel or the hotel grounds. However most are within a few yards of the fabulous beaches where clothing is entirely optional except perhaps directly in front of the bigger hotels.

If you want to be naked at your accommodation there are a number of bungalows or apartments where this is possible. Astbury Travel (formentera.co.uk) is probably the best to contact for more info. And see the other thread in this forum about Es Calo properties.

Oxford, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Skinny dipping

Thanks - we'll check it out.

Reply to: Skinny dipping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Es Calo
Recent Conversations