We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vlychada Beach

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,056 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Vlychada Beach

This is maybe one that someone on the island might be able to answer.

I received a request from one of my Facebook friends who lives in Emporio to sign a petition for something to do with Vlychada Beach. Unfortunatle,y it was all in Greek, but from what I could glean from some of the comments, there appears some sort of proposal to do with building either hotels or housing in that area.

Could anyone shed any light on this please? I signed the petition by the way, for good or ill.

Martin

2 replies to this topic
Firostefani, Greece
Level Contributor
352 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vlychada Beach

From my understanding.. Vlychada is a protected area.. and there is a proposal to build a big hotel there..

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vlychada Beach

Oh, it would be a true disaster! I few years ago I was very sad about the buildings above Koloumpos beach and the urbanisation truly impacts the serenity and the magic of this beautiful beach. If the same thing happens with Vlychada, Santorini will lose a lot of its beauty. My only hope is that the new buildings will be somewhere around the port. The new huge and loud bar at the western part of Vlychada is already destroying the good vibe of the beach.

Edited: 16 October 2012, 10:13
Reply to: Vlychada Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vlychada
Recent Conversations