We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

almost 3 hours layover at Changi Airport

2 posts
almost 3 hours layover at Changi Airport

Hello, is it possible to catch flight from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3 Changi airport if I only have almost 3 hours left to my next flight?

The worst scenario is my flight landed at Terminal 2 Changi airport at 2.30 PM, and then I have to clear the immigration, proceed to the baggage claim and then catch my next flight at 5.25 PM at Terminal 3, and this is not a connecting flights because I bought the tickets separately. I was wondering if I can catch my next flight in time.

Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,325 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: almost 3 hours layover at Changi Airport

No one can say for sure when there are other factors involved eg unforseen flight delays, flight rescheduling, misplaced baggage, etc.

If everything moves according to clockwork, you probably can make it but if anything goes wrong, then it ceases to be a safe connection.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,066 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: almost 3 hours layover at Changi Airport

Three hours is not a safe connection. Its largely irrelevant if that is enough time to complete airport fomalities. This is because time for airport formalities is just one of many factors that affect unprotected connedions on separate tickets.

If you can change the tickets, do so to make a signfiicantly larger gap. The less you can afford to buy a new tickst, or the more time critical it is that you be at the destination on time, the biger the margin you need to leave. The prcise margin is individual because of that risk assessment and management,

If you canot change thetickets then if everything goes to plan then in theory you should have enough for most transfers, so you will justhave to rely on things working, which to be fair to eventheworst airlines is generally true. The important thing to do is plan for what you will do if things go wrong, so you act on it quickly rather than panic.

2 posts
3. Re: almost 3 hours layover at Changi Airport

I think I will change the flight to late night so I don't have to rush.

Thank you for your input.

Reply to: almost 3 hours layover at Changi Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Changi