We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverina hotel

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Riverina hotel

We're (family) booked in to the Riverina in August 07. I've just read some really awful reviews of the place (having read some good ones prior to booking) and now feel absolutely gutted that we've made a huge mistake.

Can anyone who has stayed at the Riverina please reassure me?!

London, United...
Level Contributor
981 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Riverina hotel

We stayed there and thought it was an excellent Hotel - you can read my review - look at some photos and a little bit of video here :-

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1189172-d49661…

There are several other reviews there - mostly very good although there is the odd one which is slightly down - but you can't please all the people all the time - theres always someone who has a problem

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riverina hotel

Hi,

Riverina is an excellent hotel in beruwala.

Nishantha

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riverina hotel

Do not worry, we stayed at the Club Palm Garden next door and went to the Riverina and it was a lot nicer, good pool and grounds with a lovely air conditioned reception with a doorman!!! Did not eat there but heard that the food was better than next door. Do not use the beauty palour for nails etc as a lady I met spend 5 hours in there trying to get a french manicure for her birthday. You can use the facilities of the Club Palm garden too and I hear that drinks for non-guests were cheaper than the Riverina (if you did drink after midnight). Have a lovely time

Laura

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riverina hotel

Sorry didn't notice until today that I'd had any response and forgot I'd posted message.

Thank you for reassurance those of you who were kind enough to respond. I feel much better about it now!

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riverina hotel

Again, I have nothing but praise for the Riverina after returning last week. There is a great little Ayurveda Villa on site, the grounds are well kept, and most importantly the rooms are very clean, and the food is great quality.

I would advise to eat earlier if you stay within the hotel - the food is an all you can eat buffet style (1200rupees per head) , but later in the evening some of it it is not at it's best...

If it is any testimony, neither of us suffered any upset stomachs in the 2 weeks we spent there!

Weather was very warm, with only 4 days were we had rain, but that only lasted an hour or so at most.

Don't bother with the Horse-riding though - see my other post.

6. Re: Riverina hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 15:19