We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eden Resort

3 posts
Save Topic
Eden Resort

I am staying the Edna Resort from 19th June to 4th July and wondered if anybody has been there and can tell me what its like in the resort. Any good places to eat. Are they any banks/atms near by.

Also if anybody can tell me of some good places to visit as I wont to be able to see and experience Sri Lanka as much as I can. Is it cheaper to book trips with the beach boys and can any body recommend one to go to. Or should I do these with my hotel direct?

Thank you x

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
58,210 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eden Resort

Hi Leeds,

Quite some reviews of Eden, mostly favourable, in the Hotels section.

There are bank ATM's in Beruwela town, which is 5-10 mins by tuktuk.

As for excursions, search the recent posts about them. From all of west coast roughly the same ones are possible, by car or some of them by train.

BB's are cheaper but not always reliable, again see recent posts on how to get a minimum quality standard and THEN start making a fair price comparison with the hotel tours desk and the like.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eden Resort

Thank Erik for the info. x

Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eden Resort

Hi Leeds,

Some of the excursions you try from beruwala is Kosgoda turtle hacthery,Kande vihare ( a buddhist temple), Ambalangoda mask factory,Hikkaduwa corals,Galle dutch fort etc. Its always reliable to book tours through hotel eventhough its little expensive.

4. Re: Eden Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 21:18