We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting in June and cost of eating out

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visiting in June and cost of eating out

Hi,

My partner and I are looking at visting Sri Lanka this June, and have found some reasonable deals to hotels in Beruwela.

I just wondered if anyone can advise of the climate in June, what the cost of eating out is?

thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,039 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting in June and cost of eating out

Hi there,

June is amongst the worst months to visit the southwest (Trinco is a lot better weather then), but can still be good enough. Days are a mix of clouds, sunny spells and some heavy rains.

Cost of eating out is around Rs 600-900 per person for lunch and Rs 1200-1500 for dinner. In Beruwala you won't find much in terms of restaurants at well-lit walking distance from the resorts but plenty within 10-15 mins tuktuk ride, e.g. in nearby Bentota.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting in June and cost of eating out

thanks for your reply, much appreciated :o)

Colchester
Level Contributor
898 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting in June and cost of eating out

Waether in SL, like elsewhere. seems unpredicatable these days. So, don't be too put off by the June patterns. I was in SL for the whole of June this year and the weather was very good - only one or two days with prolonged, heavy rain. Right now the weather should be good but there has been a lot of rain of late. All goes to show you just can't tell.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting in June and cost of eating out

Why cross the river to get water? There are several restaurants in Beruwala (Moragalle) area. Whether well lit in the evening depends on which hotel you are staying at, but plenty of choice for lunch and 3-5 min tuk tuk ride for dinner if you find it too dark to walk.

Hans

5. Re: Visiting in June and cost of eating out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2010, 06:15