We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caldera Beach

Warrington, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Caldera Beach

Seen the sign for Caldera Beach. Akrotiri, but not been down as it looks very steep. Is it worth the walk down or more importantly the walk back up.

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Caldera Beach

is easy to go dowhn ,not warry. is very nice smaull black sand beach on caldera and has one very nice restaurant there and dive center.

normaly the name is ''apothikes'' and ''Balos bay''.

Warrington, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Caldera Beach

Thanks . How long would it take to walk down to the beach?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caldera Beach

I saw it when I was there last May, don't know how long but it looks worth the hike. I'm going to go there next month.

Warrington, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Caldera Beach

I.m going next week so will let you know. That's if I survive the climb back up!!

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Caldera Beach

is easy only 5min.

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Caldera Beach

Dear some website has wrong position for ''caldera beach''.

to caldera beach has and carroad is not very dificult to go down only 150m from carroad and 300m from akrotiri village main square.

some websites has photo for caldera beach other beaches on caldera near to megaloxori village like ''plaka'' and ''xristos athermi'', ''athermi'' is very nice beach and big on the midle of caldera with nice black sand beach and hot springs but now is dificult to go down.

you will go to ''caldera beach'' in akrotiri and you will find there the restaurant ''remezzo''

Asker, Norway
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caldera Beach

It is absoulutely woth the walk. Easy downhill - have a nice day at the beach. Refresh yourself in the restaurant (very good food) and bring a small bottle of cold water for the uphill tour. Take a brake in the bend and watch the caldera.

Enjoy

Best

Morten

8. Re: Caldera Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2011, 07:59
Get answers to your questions about Akrotiri
Recent Conversations