We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible to travel from Akrotiri to Oia by boat?

Blue Bell...
Level Contributor
179 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Possible to travel from Akrotiri to Oia by boat?

My current plan is to visit Akrotiri in the morning, and using the bus return to Fira and then go on to Oia.

However, looking at the map, is it possible to take a boat from the Akrotiri area over to Oia? (Just wondering......)

Of course, it should be affordable..... Thanks, Ellen

3 replies to this topic
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible to travel from Akrotiri to Oia by boat?

There is no established boat service for that but you can try hiring this one: http://www.santonet.gr/sailing/anemos-boat I have no idea what he would charge you.

Blue Bell...
Level Contributor
179 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible to travel from Akrotiri to Oia by boat?

Thanks for your help. I just thought a boat might be an option.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,244 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible to travel from Akrotiri to Oia by boat?

The buses are cheap and reliable. If you're staying in Fira, which is the transportation hub of the island, it makes things very easy.

Akrotiri opens at 8.00 a.m. is and 7 days a week for the summer (usually closed on a Monday). You could take the first bus at 8.45 a.m. and arrive at 9.05 a.m. The bus will let you off right outside the diggings.

Depending on how long you spend inside (I spent three hours last May, others won't take as long), head back outside and get the next bus. One tip: The bus turnaround is one stop further down at Akrotiri Beach so you might have more chance getting a seat if you walk down there - its only a couple of hundred metres.

Once back at Fira, that still leaves plenty of time and multiple buses to get to Oia.

ktel-santorini.gr/ktel/…timetable-summer-eng

There was a water taxi starting from Akrotiri Beach that called at White Beach (pretty much inaccessible via land) and then Red Beach for €5 return. I don't know if they're still operating now that Red Beach should be avoided - its been subject to landslides and is unsafe to visit.

Reply to: Possible to travel from Akrotiri to Oia by boat?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Akrotiri
Recent Conversations