We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BCTA Plane Basco-Itbayat- anybody has taken this?

Kashmir, India
Level Contributor
254 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
BCTA Plane Basco-Itbayat- anybody has taken this?

first, thanks karmensandiego for your fast replies about my questions regarding batanes.

i'm just wondering if anybody here has taken the chartered flight from basco to itbayat island.

i read that it's about $90-100/ return and only takes about 10 minutes which sounds 1. expensive but 2.very convenient than the terrifying four-hour boat ride.

if so, any email or number will be helpful. i was told accommodation on itbayat is not as demanded as basco so i can easily find a homestay.

thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BCTA Plane Basco-Itbayat- anybody has taken this?

…blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/itbayat-island-to-ba…

akrosdayunibers.com/8/post/2013/05/itbayat-t…

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,558 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BCTA Plane Basco-Itbayat- anybody has taken this?

We took the boat from Basco to Itbayat (and vise-versa) because we are only 2 and if we want to ride the BCTA plane we have to pay for 4 passengers. I don't know if that is the policy but I don't agree with it and it is too expensive so we just settled for the boat which is an adventure in itself but I got bored. If you have money to burn then taking a flight is so much better than taking an old boat to Itbayat.

Regardless of boat or plane I know you will enjoy your trip and there is a saying that "Half the fun of travel is getting there." I am 100% sure that you will enjoy Batanes, the home of the friendliest and most honest people I ever met.

Kashmir, India
Level Contributor
254 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BCTA Plane Basco-Itbayat- anybody has taken this?

Thanks Dubson186402 and Kegler747. I am really interested on Itbayat but not that crazy to pay for four people. I hope there to share it with others when I get there.

Kegler, how could you be bored when I heard the waves are insane?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,558 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BCTA Plane Basco-Itbayat- anybody has taken this?

The waves "could be" insane but unfortunately during our trip the sea just has small waves that it did not rock the boat a bit ;-)

Another explanation is that I could also easily get bored because I got bored riding a rollercoaster, LOL!

Edited: 09 February 2014, 14:19
Makati, Rizal...
Level Contributor
1 post
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BCTA Plane Basco-Itbayat- anybody has taken this?

As of January 2014, BCTA's 4-seater plane already stopped operation. Your only choice of getting to Itbayat by air is via North Sky Air's 8-seater plane. I have a detailed post on this. You may visit this link for more info: pinoyadventurista.com/2014/01/travel-guide-h…

Enjoy Itbayat! :D

Edited: 16 March 2014, 11:32
6. Re: BCTA Plane Basco-Itbayat- anybody has taken this?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 05:05

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,558 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BCTA Plane Basco-Itbayat- anybody has taken this?

Thanks for your valuable update. I never thought that the sea would be calmer before and after a full moon.

Kashmir, India
Level Contributor
254 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BCTA Plane Basco-Itbayat- anybody has taken this?

Thanks guys!

Reply to: BCTA Plane Basco-Itbayat- anybody has taken this?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of Batanes