We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabtang/ Chavatan homestay? Thanks a lot

Kashmir, India
Level Contributor
253 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Sabtang/ Chavatan homestay? Thanks a lot

I've tried emailing a certain Ryan who came up when I searched for homestay on the island. I also called up my accommodation about it and they namedropped him. However, he hasn't answered our email after few days. If anyone here has number or email we can contact for Sabtang/ Chavatan Village, I'd appreciate it a lot.

xx

6 replies to this topic
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,480 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sabtang/ Chavatan homestay? Thanks a lot

Don't rely on email as the whole province of Batanes don't rely on the Internet for communication. Call Ryan at +639192795963 or +639158034582

Kashmir, India
Level Contributor
253 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sabtang/ Chavatan homestay? Thanks a lot

thanks a heap as always, kegler747!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,480 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sabtang/ Chavatan homestay? Thanks a lot

I am very interested on how much you would enjoy your vacation in one the most isolated but definitely super beautiful province of the Philippines. I hope you will be back here in the forum and write a "Just Back Report" so you can help us spread the news about the beauty of Batanes.

By the way, are you really from Myanmar or you're just working there? I will visit your beautiful country soon. I just bought a ticket to Yangon several hours ago.

Edited: 13 February 2014, 17:56
Kashmir, India
Level Contributor
253 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sabtang/ Chavatan homestay? Thanks a lot

kegler, sadly seemed "busy" that he passed me and some people i know to an agency based in manila where i was quoted with tours with steep prices. it seems that he's connected with him or something. well, tsk.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,480 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sabtang/ Chavatan homestay? Thanks a lot

For sure there are many others as competent as Ryan.

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sabtang/ Chavatan homestay? Thanks a lot

First, a bit of correction: It's "Chavayan", not "Chavatan".

Second, I'm also disappointed that Ryan passed you to another agency. He's usually a reasonably straightforward guy when it comes to tour inquiries. And I know for a fact that he has a contact for a homestay in Chavayan. Seems that there's an attempt to get more money out of you just because you're a foreigner. Really sorry you had to go through that.

Anyway, here's what I would do: Go straight to Batanes and make your tour arrangements there. Any tour guide you meet (even Ryan) will then be forced to quote you rates on the spot. No middle man in Manila, no BS. Of course, Batanes is generally an expensive place so it always helps to be prepared in that regard.

Reply to: Sabtang/ Chavatan homestay? Thanks a lot
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of Batanes