We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ios Palace Hotel for perfect honeymoon??

Which Milopotas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ios Palace Hotel for perfect honeymoon??

My bf and I are getting married next September and are planning to go to Greece for our honeymoon, to stay a few nights in Athens then transfer to the islands. We looked into staying at Ios Palace Hotel since we read we could do day trips to Santorini and Mikonos...but also read that the beach in front of that hotel is where all the kids go to pary...As we will be on our honeymoon we are looking for a quiet place more luxurious than usual, after all we only get married once!!

So I am wondering if a suite on top of the hotel (with private terrace and pool) is recommended for peace and unforgettable times?? Of course Santorini would be more appropriate for luxury but we find it way too expensive. we prefer staying longer with cheaper but not lack on quality, comfort and peace

thank you :)

10 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ios Palace Hotel for perfect honeymoon??

Hi Ios is quiet in September most of the kids go home at the end of August. We prefer Ios at this time of year its different to the bigger islands. We have not stayed at the ios palace hotel but it looks very good next to the beach. Evenings are spent in the only main village Chora a long walk or short bus ride away or the port area where there are more tavernas. But by the end of September the bars and tavernas are starting to close down.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ios Palace Hotel for perfect honeymoon??

Ios is lovely in September, great beaches and one of my favourite islands but I'm afraid Mykonos is not a viable option for a day trip at all. As far as Santorini is concerned, at the moment the 2014 ferry timetables will only allow you 3 hours on Santorini. As it is still early they may change of course, but if you would like to visit these two islands I think you should plan for an overnight stay. There may be some excursion boats to Santorini or Sikinos but as I tend to go outside the main season I have never seen them. There have been some reports on TA that they do exist.

Regular ferry timetables:

www.gtp.gr

www.openseas.gr

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
41 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ios Palace Hotel for perfect honeymoon??

Hi there,

Ios in September is beautiful. I both got married there and started my honeymoon there staying at Ios Palace. It was perfect. The rooms with the pool and private terraces are lovely.

You can go to Santorini for the day but not Mykonos.

I would highly recommend Ios....let me know if you anymore info.

Good luck with the planning!

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,444 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ios Palace Hotel for perfect honeymoon??

We stayed in the Island House Hotel this September and it was great, particularly an upstairs studio overlooking the pool. It is much better value than the Ios Palace Hotel.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ios Palace Hotel for perfect honeymoon??

wow thank you all for your replies! Just saw them, for some reason didn't go through my email account...

yeah just realized Mikonos is not that close to Ios so might have to start there after Athens, then transfer to Ios and end it in Santorini before going back home...better idea no? we'll just have to figure out how to get there but still got plenty of times!

I just wanted to make sure our honeymoon wouldn't turn into having to party with all the kids and not being able to sleep at night because of the noise but it's true that all the kids must be back at school in September...we're planning on going right around the 8th for almost 3 weeks total in Greece...

Island House Hotel looks very pretty but I am looking for something with a private terrace (more privacy with my husband!). the prices are not available online either so can't really compare with other hotels...

are there a lot of activities to do on the island?

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,444 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ios Palace Hotel for perfect honeymoon??

We were on Ios this year from Sep 17 for 5 nights and Milopotas beach was very quiet at the beginning of our stay and almost deserted at the end. So it should be quite peaceful. I am not sure that there is very much to do at this time of year. We walked up the steep path from Milopotas and explored Chora, then walked down to the port sometimes getting the bus back, sometimes getting a lift with the Island House van and sometimes walking back to Milopotas via Chora. By the way the view from the small churches above Chora are very spectacular.

At Island House we had a reasonably private terrace. The prices for many Greek hotels will not be available yet, however we paid 30 Euros a night at Island House for a very nice fairly large studio, This was booked direct with the hotel be email. The pool area is very nice and the people who run it were very friendly and helpful.

It makes sense to go from Athens to Myknos to Ios to Santorini, though you may need to change boats at Paros on the way from Mykonos to Ios.

One alternative idea is to consider Paros rather than Ios. There will be a lot more going on in Paros in September and there are lots of places to visit.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ios Palace Hotel for perfect honeymoon??

Hi your plan sounds

Hi your plan sounds very good. Activities on Ios will be low key water sports (wind surfing canoes ect. ) a bus to Manganari beach, other beaches only available by car or scooter. If you are adventurous / travelling light ferries to other islands can be booked as you please. Most apartment owners will pick up and return to the ports, just give yourselves plenty of time to enjoy each island. IMO Naxos is excellent plus there are many others we have yet to visit. (The view over Milopatas bay is my favourite in Greece when the moon is shining over it).

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
812 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ios Palace Hotel for perfect honeymoon??

ios in september there are busses to psathi beach maganari beach , mylopotas beach,thio dotti beach combara beach and the port beach , you also have kolitsani beach in walking distance and valmas beach , car rental is normally as low as 30 euros a day

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
41 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ios Palace Hotel for perfect honeymoon??

There are many fabulous hotels with beautiful private balcony s and some have private pools which was really romantic for our honeymoon.

Ios Palace is one of them and then you also have the beautiful Liostasti Hotel , Levantes and there is a fantastic looking new hotel opening this summer called Agailia Suites.

They are all beautiful for a romantic honeymoon!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ios Palace Hotel for perfect honeymoon??

So we finally decided to start with Santorini, then Ios, then Mykonos and end it all in Athens, due to flight conflict. We booked all of our hotels and our flights. we will fly from Athens to Santorini and from Mykonos to Athens but will take the ferry from Santorini to Ios and from Ios to Mykonos.

We were told to buy our ferry tickets while there since it's not as busy in September so we should be fine.

We haven't decided on the activities yet, got so much to do with the wedding planning + work + graduating from school all together is a bit overwhelming but will be worth it in the end!

thank you all so much for your replies they are really appreciated :)

Reply to: Ios Palace Hotel for perfect honeymoon??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Milopotas